Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One GW letter Success!!!

tag
deseandav09
Contributor

Capital One GW letter Success!!!

On 10/13/16 I emailed Cap One Executive Office a few days later I really nice guy called me back and spoke with me for at least 20 minutes regarding my situation. He stated he will do his best to try and help me get some lates removed from earlier this year. I never heard back from him but this morning I woke up to a fico alert and my score had increased and I couldn't understand how. So I ordered  a new report scanned it thoroughly and BAMSmiley Happy the cap one account was showing all payments current. I had 6 late payments on this account. So people please don't give up  GW letters do work. Oh and this was first attempt sending the GW letter.

Message 1 of 110
109 REPLIES 109
itspnutbutterkellytime
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One GW letter Success!!!

Yay! Congrats! Would you mind PMing me the info and the letter that you sent? I haven't had much success with them Smiley Sad

FICO8 Scores as of 2022 MAY 18:

FICO Auto 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:

FICO Bankcard 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:
Message 2 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.... I spoke to some on 10/27 from the EO office after sending a GW via email. I haven't heard anything bank yet, keeping my fingers crossed.

Message 3 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

@deseandav09 wrote:

On 10/13/16 I emailed Cap One Executive Office a few days later I really nice guy called me back and spoke with me for at least 20 minutes regarding my situation. He stated he will do his best to try and help me get some lates removed from earlier this year. I never heard back from him but this morning I woke up to a fico alert and my score had increased and I couldn't understand how. So I ordered  a new report scanned it thoroughly and BAMSmiley Happy the cap one account was showing all payments current. I had 6 late payments on this account. So people please don't give up  GW letters do work. Oh and this was first attempt sending the GW letter.

That's awesome. Can you PM me who you emailed it to and the letter you used? I've gone through 3 rounds with them and each time I get denied. My late payments are from last year. I got turned down again this week. 

Message 4 of 110
720n2013
Established Member

Please PM the EO email address you used for the CapOne GW. Thank you and Congratulations for your GW success!

Message 5 of 110
deseandav09
Contributor

Pm sent
Message 6 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, I am new to the forum and have been trying to rebuild my credit.  I have a couple late payments on my Capital One account as well.  Is there anyway that you can assist with the GW email?  Thank you for your time. 

Message 7 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

@deseandav09 wrote:

Excellent success story!  Congratulations on those late payments being removed.  How much did your scores increase?  Were they minors (30/60) or majors (90+)?

One question for you... what email address did you use for the Cap One EO?  I've been trying to speak to them for over a week for something unrelated to GW (CLI issue) and I've emailed the CEO which prompted a call back from the EO which I missed.  I've since left messages multiple times for the person / pin# provided to me in their original message but I've received no call back from the EO which is really getting irritating.  If you have an email address other than the CEO one that could possibly prompt a call back from the EO that would be very helpful.  Thank you!

Message 8 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please send me the info to send to Cap One please
Message 9 of 110
deseandav09
Contributor

Pm sent
Message 10 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.