Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One GW letter.

tag
Mellykca
New Contributor

Capital One GW letter.

I trying very hard to clean up my credit and one thing that is hurting me is 3 30 day lates with Capital One in late 2015. I have been in good standing since and have paid down my balance to under 30%. Would it be worth it to write a GW letter, and if so... how do I go about doing that? What should it say? Do I send a printed letter or an email? Any advice is appreciated!
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Mellykca
New Contributor

Re: Capital One GW letter.

Any advice?
Message 2 of 18
wallstreet177
Contributor

In my experience, capital one has been a tough one for GW letters.  But they have worked for some.  I would look to send a letter or email the executive office.  Are these two 30 day lates your only baddies?  I only ask because after two years, 30 day lates don't have a major effect on your score.  If you have other baddies like charge offs or collections, i would be working on those first.  

Message 3 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus
deseandav09
Contributor

I received a GW deletion for some lates with them. I will pm you what I sent

Message 5 of 18
aqualife
Valued Member

Hi Deseandav09, would you mind sending them to me as well? It would be greatly appreciated. Much thanks!

Message 6 of 18
Mellykca
New Contributor

Unfortunately they are not the only baddies, but they are the only lates I have. I was also hoping that maybe if they removed the lates they would also consider a CLI in the near future.
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@deseandav09 wrote:

I received a GW deletion for some lates with them. I will pm you what I sent

will you PM me as well?
Message 8 of 18
deseandav09
Contributor

I will pm you the letter on Monday the letter I sent is on my work computer
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could I also get a PM. I would like to modify it for my Miliary Star Card.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.