Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One GW letter.

Can you please PM as well. I'm also writing a goodwill letter to Capital One

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

deseandav09, sorry to bother would it be possible to get that in a PM too?
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

i also have lates with capital one. could you please send me the letter and who to send it to please? trying to raise score for mortgage

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, can you pm me the capital one info also please Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 18
ALHondaGuy
Contributor

I'd love to know what you sent to get the GW late deletion. I've got one 30 day from August that I need removed.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mellykca wrote:
I trying very hard to clean up my credit and one thing that is hurting me is 3 30 day lates with Capital One in late 2015. I have been in good standing since and have paid down my balance to under 30%. Would it be worth it to write a GW letter, and if so... how do I go about doing that? What should it say? Do I send a printed letter or an email? Any advice is appreciated!
If you read the thread linked below and use my Saturation Technique method for GW letters, I'm confident you'll get those 30 day late payments removed in time. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-o...

A couple of questions.  Prior to the late payments in 2015, how much favorable (positive) payment history did you have with Capital One?  You've got over a year of positive payment history since your lates, but what about prior?  Whatever the sum is of these two periods of positive payment history, I'd use that in your GW letter... "As you can see from reviewing my account, outside of these minor late payments I've got 3 years of positive payment history with your company."  Also, do you have any other Capital One accounts, closed or open?  If so, you could reference them as being positive accounts (assuming no negative items).  Last, give them a reason to want to make the adjustment(s) for you.  Tell them how you're very interested in applying for [insert any other Capital One product name in here], but due to your current account showing a couple of late payments you are apprehensive about applying since your scores took a hit and you don't want to be looked at unfavorably upon applying.  Let them know if they remove the late payments you'll apply for [that same product name] and will continue being a fantastic CO customer for many years to come.

Something like that.

Anyway, I suggest visiting the thread I linked above where I outline a solid plan that IMO gives anyone the best chances at obtaining GW adjustments due to late payments.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you also pm the letter too thank you
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a CapOne secured card since Dec 2014 and have one 30 day late in April 2016. My limit on the card was only $550 - I currently as of last month paid it down to a 0 balance and just today sent a GW letter in hopes of getting that late removed. Fingers crossed!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.