Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One GW letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One GW letter

Yesterday I emailed the executive office of Capital One asking them to remove some late payments from 2012/2013. Today, I received a phone call from a lady from the office but unfortunately I missed it and because of the time difference it was too late to call her back. I will be calling her first thing in the morning. I don't want to get excited but I'm hoping this means good news. Anyone else have the same experience with them?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
trnj88
New Contributor

Re: Capital One GW letter

I had sent a GW letter to CapOne last month and also received a call from the EO but missed it while at work. The next day they called again and left a voicemail asking me to call back. When I did, they asked me to verify some info (SSN, DOB, etc.) and then said my request has been approved, and to expect the baddies to fall off within 60 days.

A week and a half later they were gone!

Not sure how your case will turn out but keep your hopes up! Feel free to call back and ask for anyone who left you a voicemail. All the best.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please provide me the email to the EO. Thanks!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, were you asking for removal from Capital One late payments or a charge off.  Who was the EO that you contacted? This is the only bad debt I have and I would really like to get it removed.  I am willing to settle, but it's over 5 years old, so if I can just get it removed that would be awersome.  Thansk 

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was for the removal of late payments. I paid the card off eventually. I can send you the email that I used as well.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I actually meant Chase Credit Card!  The charge off is from Chase.  

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I talked to the lady today. She asked about why I was late and I was honest with her. I told her that I got laid off from my job 2 months after my son was born and I had to make a choice. She understood. My first late payment was in September 2011. I was 3 months late and finally started paying on it again when I found a job again. She said that there was also a late in September of 2012 and I told her that was when I got the job I was at now making good money again. It was paid of in 3/2013. She seemed very sympathetic with my situation and said she will submit it for review and call me back when she has an answer. Here's to hoping it's good news!
Message 7 of 16
JC_NuJeru
Valued Member

Congrats. Can you send me the email you used as well? I need it for my DW. Thanx in advance.

IN GARDEN UNTIL Dec 2017 Starting Score May 2014 EQ: 586 Feb 2017 - Scores EX: 713 TU: 723 EQ: 717 Goal Score: 750 +
Amex PRG - NPSL, Cap 1 QS Rewards Visa - $10,000, Amex ED - $16,000, PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa - $15,000, Discover IT - $6000, Cap 1 QS One MC - $4250, Chase Freedom - $3,500, Citi Visa - $5100, Macy's - $8500, BOA Visa - $2500, DCU Visa - $2000, Best Buy - $2000, Cap 1 Platinum MC - $1800. Utilization @ 7%
Message 8 of 16
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to the boards. I am actually preparing my goodwill letter to send out today as well and I am hoping for a success result also. I hope everything goes well for you too! I will update on your thread when I receive some information. Good luck! 

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried Capital One for GW adjustment a week ago and was turned down. Think I should try again by mail? Can you PM the address to where you sent the letter? Thanks

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.