cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One GW success? Maybe, maybe not. Waiting game begins.

tag
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Capital One GW success? Maybe, maybe not. Waiting game begins.

I read about some success with Captial One online chat and decided to give it a shot since I've been shot down via mail and even from the EO from Capital One via phone.

I explained my situation and that I was not disputing my (only )late payment in 6 years. I told her I didn't think it reflects my credit worthiness as the situation was something I had no control over at the time of the missed payment. This is how our conversation ended (I changed the name of the rep and replaced my name with myFico username).

C1 rep: However, let me file a credit bureau dispute on your account for you.
you: I am not disputing.
you: I stated earlier in the conversation that I am not disputing.
C1 rep: SLR72689, I the only option available is to file a dispute, then only the correction can be made in your credit report.
C1 rep: As you have been a valuable customer and I really want to help, so I will take care of this for you.
C1 rep: I will take care everything for you.
 Crep: May I please know which credit agencies it was reported to
C1 rep: *?
you: All 3: equifax, transunion and experian
C1 rep: Thank you for confirming that.
C1 rep: Any discrepancies found will be reported to the business credit bureaus for correction.
C1 rep: A letter regarding the business credit bureau investigation will leave Capital One within 10 business days; allow 10 additional days for mail time.
C1 rep: Allow 60 to 90 days to have this information updated with the credit reporting agencies.
C1 rep: I have taken care of that for you.
 C1 rep: SLR72689, If you need any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.
 C1 rep: It has been my pleasure assisting you.

SO, I'm not sure if I just got myself a dispute comment and a letter stating everything is being reported correctly or if my late payment will be removed. I guess I shall have to wait and see. I did state multiple times that I was not disputing the late payment... so I'm hoping if it's not being removed, I just get a letter stating they don't do this... although we all know they have and can!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One GW success? Maybe, maybe not. Waiting game begins.

that can mean that they are looking into it to see if there was an error. They never wanted to remove any lates from my account. I contacted everyone and got the same answer. Good luck! keep us updated

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 2 of 8
samdubs
Contributor

Good luck....  I got my late fees refunded to me from them but no late payment taken off of my reports.

Message 3 of 8
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

@mnosal9 wrote:

that can mean that they are looking into it to see if there was an error. They never wanted to remove any lates from my account. I contacted everyone and got the same answer. Good luck! keep us updated

Me too. I've gotten a few letters that they had found no errors blahblahblah. I know it wasn't an error, no one seems to understand this hah

Message 4 of 8
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

lol literally, i just dont think they believe in GW adjustments

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 5 of 8
SSH0126
Established Contributor

I work for the corp office. they really do not change the lates unless you can prove an error or it is a known error. late fees are nothing and not even an even exchange compared to a 30+ late on your credit 

Message 6 of 8
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

PM sent SSH

EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 7 of 8
MonkeyBelly
Regular Contributor

Capital One definitely GWs. I have broken the 700 barrier with one of my FICOs thanks to Capital One GW. 

Starting myFICOs 2013
TU:664 March --> 726 May 25
EQ: 687 on March 6 --> 772 May 25
USAA EX (FAKO): 701 March 27 --> 768 May 26
Original goal (720+ across the board) achieved!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.