Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One/Glasser and Glasser Charge-Off

tag
methorian
Valued Member

Capital One/Glasser and Glasser Charge-Off

Looking for some insight as to how to handle this next piece of my debt...

I've got an old Capital One CC that I stopped paying on back in 09-10 (I think..). It shows up on my reports as Capital One - Charge-Off with a balance of $1003 (as of Jan '14). Back in March of '13, when I went to set up my debt management plan, I was told by Capital One that they were no longer handling it, that I had to contact Glasser and Glasser. Capital One had a judgement agaisnt me in Richmond, VA (which I've never lived there, or anywhere near).

Should I attempt to see if Capital One will take PIF, since they still "own" the debt (since they still report a balance on my CR?), or should I go through Glasser and Glasser? I'd REALLY love to get the charge-off removed if ever possible. I know the judgement will be a different story.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
abzze
Valued Member

Re: Capital One/Glasser and Glasser Charge-Off

If you go through cap one ask them if they'll do PFD.

In my experience even getting a 30 day late is hard to get deleted by cap one.

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One/Glasser and Glasser Charge-Off

Cap-1 does not do a PFD. If they have a judgment on your for this card you are going to have to pay it at some point otherwise they will come for you at some point (usually when you least expect it). The judgment can be removed from your CRs if after you have paid if you file a motion with the granting court to vacate the judgment based on the fact that it has been paid and the judge grants it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.