cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Goodwill Letter Success!

tag
Monzie

Re: Capital One Goodwill Letter Success!

How were they able to identify you and the delinquent accounts that you had asked them to remove..Did you simply give them your name?? Or did the letter include account info as well?
Message 31 of 47
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

I have received consistent no's from Capital One. Over the course of 9 months, they reported me as 5 times 30 days late, 2 60 days late, and 1 90 day late. I paid 7 of those months at an amount that was equal to or greater than my typical monthly payment, but because they gave me the fee the first month, they just kept piling on fees. 

My kids and I were homeless (and I, unemployed) at the time, which doesn't appear to be a factor they'll consider at all. And, they sent an accounting where they were applying payments 2 months after I paid them. It's a real mess, but the EO is just absolutely adamant that they won't even *think* about adjusting this reporting. It's maddening with them.

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 32 of 47
missindependent
Contributor

Thanks! Any additional advice would be much appreciated and a belated congrats Smiley Happy  

AMEX PRG (NPSL), Citi Double Cash ($1200), BECU ($1000), Barney's ($1000), Bloomingdales Store Card ($1000), Neiman Marcus ($700), Macy's Store Card ($600), Amazon Rewards Visa Card, ($500), Capital One Platinum ($500), Capital One QuicksilverOne ($500)

Starting Score: 543
Current Score: EX:649 EQ: 657 TU:661
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Good luck to all of our myFICO Fitness Challengers!
Message 33 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello , Could you please provide the address you sent your goodwill letter to. I am int he same situation .

Thanks

Message 34 of 47
JUAN04
Established Member

Just called Capital one and they are deleting on both card . Reports should be updated by 9/10/15... Yeahhhhhh!!! Thanks for this forum!!!
Message 35 of 47
JUAN04
Established Member

Did you get it removed from credit reports?
Message 36 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying forever. Citibank, BOA, and Capital One don't budge. 

Message 37 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have made numerous attempts to get Cap 1 to remove one 30 day late from 2012 with no success. I was first told they simply don't do Goodwill Deletions. After speaking to numerous different personnel, I finally reached someone that said it was no problem. She took down all my info and told me within 30 days it would be removed. I thought to myself, success! But then I received a letter in the mail 3 weeks later saying my 'dispute' had been researched and since I was indeed late in 2012, the item would not be removed and a notation would be added to my credit report. What?! So I called back and was on the phone for nearly 1 1/2 hours with different reps. The first few didn't understand what my problem was, and after being shuffled through at least 3 different reps I finally was given a supervisor. She put me on hold several times and finally came back saying she didn't know why the first rep had told me they could do a Goodwill removal, because they just don't do that kind of thing. She apologized profusely and gave me a $35 credit on my account for my troubles. I've tried several times since then and am always told the same thing - we don't do that. It's a bummer because it's my only late payment on my credit report (from a current account).

Message 38 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just came across your post and was wondering if you just mailed this to the general correspondence address?  Thank you.

Message 39 of 47
JUAN04
Established Member

Hi!!! I had the same experienc . I was so excited the rep told me it would be updated by 9/10/15 then got a letter in mail approximately 3weeks later saying that info was accurate... WTW!!? Called capital one and got nowher . I was so disappointed
Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.