cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Goodwill Letter Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Goodwill Letter Success!

So I tried the letter technique and Cap 1 did it to me again. I received a letter stating they'd investigated my 'dispute' and that I was late on the date reported so no changes would be made (other than adding a note that I dispute it). Oof.

Message 41 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

An update: I called in about the 2nd letter claiming I was disputing the late payment. Shuffled between multiple reps again. Final rep said there was simply nothing they could do, the dispute was an automated process and once it's done it's done. I explained I never disputed and that when this happened the first time the CSR updated my file to remove the dispute code and this was only 3 months or so ago. She just audibly shrugged and said I could call the CRA but they would likely just tell me to call the creditor. I said, 'So basically you're telling me you can't do anything?' to which she replied 'Yes'. Gee, thanks.

Message 42 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

WELP! Here goes!! 
I' have two Capital One accounts on my credit report. Both with 12/2011 as the First Day of Deliquency. I'm going to write them a letter. I should note that I had paid off both the debts to the CA's (Dumb i know). 

Sending to the two address's on my credit report

PO BOX 30253
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0253

and

PO BOX 30281
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0281

Will update whenever something happens...

Message 43 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, would you mind sharing the address you sent this letter? How long did it take to get a reply?

Thanks, 

Message 44 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the info! I too will send out my goodwill to hopefully get 5 missed payments from over 3 years ago off my Capital One Quicksilver now that I have had for 7 years and still active. I included that I have an auto loan and an additional credit card with them too! Crossing my fingers! 

Message 45 of 47
Aznmomma2

Hello, 

Can anyone verify is this address is current?

Thank you!

Message 46 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! Do you have the contact information for the person you sent the letter to? I sent a goodwill letter to Capital One and got a form letter back saying they had already responded to my inquiry -- which they didn't. That was the first time I contacted them. Thanks!

Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.