Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 4,469
Registered: ‎12-31-2008
0

Re: Capital One Goodwill Letter Success!


danash80 wrote:

I would definitely try it out. And if they say no, try again and again.


Agreed!  It sometimes take several attempts.  Don't get disheartened if you need to repeat.  Smiley Wink

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Member
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎09-26-2011
0

Re: Capital One Goodwill Letter Success!

Wouldn't calling be more effective? What if the letter doesn't get to the person it's intended for?
Member
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎09-26-2011
0

Re: Capital One Goodwill Letter Success!

Sorry to double post, but I have a problem with this whole Goodwill letter thing. I can't understand how this works so easily. I just called Target to remove two 30 day late payments I had with them and they weren't hearing it. The only thing they were willing to do is credit me back the $35 late fee that they charged me. Also, they they aren't in control of getting rid of something on my report, that's the bureaus job. I don't know how these letters worked for you guys. I wrote out 5 letters and I'm going to send them anyway but Im really going to cross my fingers on this one.
Moderator
Posts: 17,409
Registered: ‎07-14-2009
0

Re: Capital One Goodwill Letter Success!

[ Edited ]

Mrvlhro wrote:
Sorry to double post, but I have a problem with this whole Goodwill letter thing. I can't understand how this works so easily. I just called Target to remove two 30 day late payments I had with them and they weren't hearing it. The only thing they were willing to do is credit me back the $35 late fee that they charged me. Also, they they aren't in control of getting rid of something on my report, that's the bureaus job. I don't know how these letters worked for you guys. I wrote out 5 letters and I'm going to send them anyway but Im really going to cross my fingers on this one.

The CRA's can only report the information the creditors send to them. All a creditor has to do is not report a late payment, charge off, collection, etc. Of course convincing the creditor to do such a thing is the hard part just as you and many others experience. But GW's do work. The trick is to not give up.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Regular Contributor
Posts: 158
Registered: ‎06-27-2011
0

Re: Capital One Goodwill Letter Success!


MarineVietVet wrote:

Mrvlhro wrote:
Sorry to double post, but I have a problem with this whole Goodwill letter thing. I can't understand how this works so easily. I just called Target to remove two 30 day late payments I had with them and they weren't hearing it. The only thing they were willing to do is credit me back the $35 late fee that they charged me. Also, they they aren't in control of getting rid of something on my report, that's the bureaus job. I don't know how these letters worked for you guys. I wrote out 5 letters and I'm going to send them anyway but Im really going to cross my fingers on this one.

The CRA's can only report the information the creditors send to them. All a creditor has to do is not report a late payment, charge off, collection, etc. Of course convincing the creditor to do such a thing is the hard part just as you and many others experience. But GW's do work. The trick is to not give up.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".


Well stated!!!!



Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Member
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎11-06-2011
0

Re: Capital One Goodwill Letter Success!

What physical addresses did you use?  I am getting ready to send out a wave of GW letters to get 2 30's removed from my record.

 


Starting Score: 527 EQ May 16, 2011
Current Scores: 631 EQ / 670 EX / 663 TU ( as of 7/12 )
Goal Scores: 700 across the board!
Moderator
Posts: 17,409
Registered: ‎07-14-2009
0

Re: Capital One Goodwill Letter Success!


Kabilos wrote:

What physical addresses did you use?  I am getting ready to send out a wave of GW letters to get 2 30's removed from my record.

 


The OP hasn't been back online since this thead was started so you might not get an answer. Hopefully you will.

Established Contributor
Posts: 1,002
Registered: ‎12-06-2011
0

Re: Capital One Goodwill Letter Success!


Kabilos wrote:

What physical addresses did you use?  I am getting ready to send out a wave of GW letters to get 2 30's removed from my record.

 


OP does mention the address that was used:

 

Attn: Customer Relations
Capital One
P.O. Box 30281
Salt Lake City, UT 84130


Starting Score: 486 EQ, 529 TU, 518 EX 12/6/2011 (FICOS - lender pull)
Current Score: 595 EQ SW 1/10/13 628 TU08 1/10/2013 593 EX (BoA HP) 1/5/12
Goal Score: > 620
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge! | Diamond Spade Garden Club Member: App free since 7/2012
New Member
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

Re: Capital One Goodwill Letter Success!

Hi,

 

I am curious if you faxed or mailed this letter and if so, what is the number/address?  Thanks!

 

-- Adam

Member
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎10-12-2013
0

Re: Capital One Goodwill Letter Success!

Wish me luck! I am going to send a GW letter to Cap1 right now.

 

Capital One

PO Box 30281
Salt Lake City, UT-84130-0281

 

This was the information listed on my credit report so I am going to try!

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.