cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Goodwill Letter Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Goodwill Letter Success!

@Anonymous wrote:

I would definitely try it out. And if they say no, try again and again.

Agreed!  It sometimes take several attempts.  Don't get disheartened if you need to repeat.  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 47
Mrvlhro

Wouldn't calling be more effective? What if the letter doesn't get to the person it's intended for?
Message 12 of 47
Mrvlhro

Sorry to double post, but I have a problem with this whole Goodwill letter thing. I can't understand how this works so easily. I just called Target to remove two 30 day late payments I had with them and they weren't hearing it. The only thing they were willing to do is credit me back the $35 late fee that they charged me. Also, they they aren't in control of getting rid of something on my report, that's the bureaus job. I don't know how these letters worked for you guys. I wrote out 5 letters and I'm going to send them anyway but Im really going to cross my fingers on this one.
Message 13 of 47
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Mrvlhro wrote:
Sorry to double post, but I have a problem with this whole Goodwill letter thing. I can't understand how this works so easily. I just called Target to remove two 30 day late payments I had with them and they weren't hearing it. The only thing they were willing to do is credit me back the $35 late fee that they charged me. Also, they they aren't in control of getting rid of something on my report, that's the bureaus job. I don't know how these letters worked for you guys. I wrote out 5 letters and I'm going to send them anyway but Im really going to cross my fingers on this one.

The CRA's can only report the information the creditors send to them. All a creditor has to do is not report a late payment, charge off, collection, etc. Of course convincing the creditor to do such a thing is the hard part just as you and many others experience. But GW's do work. The trick is to not give up.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 14 of 47
winstars
Regular Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Mrvlhro wrote:

The CRA's can only report the information the creditors send to them. All a creditor has to do is not report a late payment, charge off, collection, etc. Of course convincing the creditor to do such a thing is the hard part just as you and many others experience. But GW's do work. The trick is to not give up.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Well stated!!!!

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

What physical addresses did you use?  I am getting ready to send out a wave of GW letters to get 2 30's removed from my record.

Message 16 of 47
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

What physical addresses did you use?  I am getting ready to send out a wave of GW letters to get 2 30's removed from my record.

The OP hasn't been back online since this thead was started so you might not get an answer. Hopefully you will.

Message 17 of 47
2NE1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OP does mention the address that was used:

Attn: Customer Relations
Capital One
P.O. Box 30281
Salt Lake City, UT 84130

Message 18 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am curious if you faxed or mailed this letter and if so, what is the number/address?  Thanks!

-- Adam

Message 19 of 47
OdessaTX

Wish me luck! I am going to send a GW letter to Cap1 right now.

Capital One

PO Box 30281
Salt Lake City, UT-84130-0281

This was the information listed on my credit report so I am going to try!

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.