Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Goodwill Success!!!! 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Goodwill Success!!!! 2017

After reading this thread I was inspired and did send a personalized email describing the circumstances that led to my late payment. I was contacted within a week by Michelle from the EO who was very cordial and seemingly willing to help. Unfortunately, she called me back within another week and said she was unable to get the lates removed and that they were being reported correctly. Smiley Sad When I asked why she was rather vague and I really do guess it all depends on the particular agent for a favorable outcome. I want to try again though because it seems many have heard a "yes" after many "no's".

Message 21 of 53
kingkai1990
Contributor

I got denied by Capital One using this same method. ''We must report accurately" Basically.

Message 22 of 53
crapandgarbage
New Contributor

i tried emailing the CEO. they called back and said they will investigate. called back a few days later and said that they will not up date it.  i was asking for an update for one 30 day late.

Message 23 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry to hear that, and it has been disheartening to be repeatedly denied.. I definitely feel like they could have made more of an attempt to help since the initial phone conversation I had with the first agent I spoke to was misleading. He said the lates would be removed and I would hear back in 5-7 business days, however he instead initiated a dispute that I did not request ( I've read on the forums of others going through the same thing). I'm not sure if I should wait to try again or how long.

Message 24 of 53
KayKay4Se7en

I too have tried to get a pair of 30 day lates removed from over a year and a half ago twice. No avail. You'd think they'd be more leinient with 30's opposed to 60-120 no? 

Message 25 of 53
Twinmoons
New Visitor

Would you mind sending me the contact information as well?
Message 26 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, do you mind sharing the Goodwill letter and the email address.  I have a 60day late from 3 years ago.

Message 27 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just emailed today but I forgot to include my phone number!  Do you think that will be a problem?

Thank you!

Message 28 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you send me email please
Message 29 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi There - would you be able to message me the address that you used to send your goodwill letter?  Additionally, if you'd be kind enough to share your template that you used I'd greatly appreciate it.  I'm in the same situation you were in and would like to request a goodwill adjustment from capital one. 

Message 30 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.