Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Goodwill Success!!!! 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Goodwill Success!!!! 2017

new to post on here but was wondering. Ck score is about 566 and 570. Had 14 late payments putting me at like a 88% I believe. 11 were Great Lakes and 3 were capital one. Today I officially was granted to have them all off. This will bring my payment history up to 99%. Anyone know how this could affect my score. Like how much of a jump should I see?
Message 31 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cpwal. Look up capital ones CEO and email him. That's how I started and then plead my case to a customer support rep. I had a 120, 90, 60 day late off there. I had some medical isssues during that time and was able to explain. They didn't ask for proof like medical records and then just pleaded my case about having so many on time payments. That's what did for all of them! And it worked!
Message 32 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

DAnyone have any advice... I sent a GW on 8-5 via email. I haven't heard or seen anything. It's been a week. How long until you hear yes or no? I have 30,60,90 lates on the platinum and a 30, 60 late on the QS1. Haven't missed a payment since January. 

Message 33 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  I'm also trying to get some late payments removed from Capital One!  Is it possible to DM me and share the email you used?  Never would think of sending it to the CEO.  Figure they would just delete it, lol.

Thanks in advance!

Message 34 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kingkai1990 wrote:

I got denied by Capital One using this same method. ''We must report accurately" Basically.

Yeah....they like to twist the requirement to report accurately around to make it sound like they are legally required to report ALL information. The truth is there is no legal requirement to report ANYTHING. The legal requirement is that the information they CHOOSE to report cannot knowingly be INACCURATE. Lack of information is not inaccurate.

Message 35 of 53
renamariee
Contributor

Same. They've denied me every year, twice a year for the past 3 on a 30 day and a 60 day.

Should I be requesting a GW for each late separately?? 

Starting Score: 587
Current Score: 637
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 36 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you DM me a copy of the goodwill letter also? Thank you

Message 37 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning! Can you PM the template and contact info as well?

Message 38 of 53
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

This link will get you the info on the CEOs email   

Cap 1 EO E-mail Contact Info

Message 39 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

*Update* it took a whole 30 days but Capital One accepted my GW letter and remived all lates. All CRAs have been updated as of this morning! Just have to wait until next month to see if anything changes! I'm so happy & grateful!
Message 40 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.