Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Goodwill Success

tag
MrChairman
Established Contributor

Capital One Goodwill Success

Has anyone had any RECENT (within the past 2 months) success with a Cap1 goodwill letter? I have a paid CO from 2007 that I have been trying to get off with no luck. I have sent tens of letters and I get the same canned Cap1 letter stating their file is correct. This is the only baddie on my report. Any info would help.

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Goodwill Success

It's funny you ask that question now. I am waiting to see if what they said was true. I spoke with someone three days ago and they said they were removing my 2006  charge off as we were talking on the phone. You may have seen an earlier post of mine asking about Midland Credit. They handled the charged off collection and I paid them off in 2010.

Bottom line is Cap One said it would take some time to appear on my CR's but she said she requested removal from all three bureaus. Good luck to both of us.

Message 2 of 4
BGinVA
Contributor

Not here, in fact they send me TWO letters to say no to ONE goodwill request, lol. 

Message 3 of 4
ThePatronizer
Valued Member

Do you still have the contact info you used?

Mar'12 ~ EQ 654, TU 655, EX 665 (Bank Pull: Kroll Factual Data)
Jun'12 ~ EQ 717 (SW), TU 708 (FICO Standard)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.