Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Goodwill ?

tag
peme6040
New Contributor

Capital One Goodwill ?

Tonite I was chatting online w/ a supervisor from Capital One regarding a different issue, but asked about getting 2 30-day late payments from 2008 dropped as a gesture of Goodwill.  He said he couldn't make any promises, but would send in a request of discrepencies to the credit bureus regarding this issue and I would know within 60-90 days the decision.  To me, this sounds like I'm disputing the late payments, which I told him I am not.  Am I correct in the way this sounds or is this truely the "process" of a Goodwill?

Starting Score: 645
Current Score: 713!
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Goodwill ?

@peme6040 wrote:

Tonite I was chatting online w/ a supervisor from Capital One regarding a different issue, but asked about getting 2 30-day late payments from 2008 dropped as a gesture of Goodwill.  He said he couldn't make any promises, but would send in a request of discrepencies to the credit bureus regarding this issue and I would know within 60-90 days the decision.  To me, this sounds like I'm disputing the late payments, which I told him I am not.  Am I correct in the way this sounds or is this truely the "process" of a Goodwill?

They dont send disputes to the CRAs, CRAs just report what they send to them. Maybe they are sending it to their internal disputes dept and I would probably give it 30 days to get a response then I would start GW letters to the Exec Office. Personally the 60-90 day time period to hear is just a brush off...

Message 2 of 3
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Goodwill ?

They will dispute with CRA's this happen to me also . I filed a complaint with CFPB and the lates were gone within 2 days YMMV

Starting Score: Eq 485 TU 467 Ex 400 BK filed Dec 2016
Current Score: Eq 723 TU 665 Ex 682
Goal Score: 700 All 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.