Not applicable

Re: Capital One Goodwilled 9 Lates!

It can't hurt to try!!

Thanks you so much.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

what was your oldest late was on that account ? i have three 30 one 60 and one 90 ive been trying to get goodwilled
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont understand? You had 9 late payments and you sent a letter asking them to remove the info on the report?  That is great if I am understanding correctly. Please clarify for me so I can further understand.
Message 13 of 18
javoned
Established Member

I've had this card for about 10 years and I've had 9 lates total over this time span. They were mostly 30(s) and two 60(s). My last 30 day late was in May of 2009, but my last lates were about 3-4 years ago. I wrote the goodwill letter only asking for removal of the most current 30 day late, but when I checked my report they were all gone and it says never late, pays as agreed.  The May 09 now says ok.

Message 14 of 18
javoned
Established Member

^ I'm sorry I'm still confusing. Before May 2009 I hadn't had lates in about 3.5 years. This account is still open and recently paid in full. So this recent one (and my high credit card utilization) was really holding my score down. I'm going to continue to watch my credit report because some months say ND (which are the ones I paid on time) but the late month was changed to ok. I believe they report they beginning of the month so I will be watching. 

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

would you mind also posting the letter you used? thanks much!
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go, Javoned!  GW success is so awesome to read about.  I just sent several GWs myself on several accounts.  Now the waiting begins. 

A question about the letters you wrote.  Did you write to all the address at the same time, or were these spaced out over time?

Thanks and congrats again!

Message 17 of 18
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I have to give you a huge YEAH BABY!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

I have sent so many letters & emails & I never get a response, even to say no!  My crap one baddies are dropping as we speak.  All were from 03 & Jan & Feb were ok, but for years I had a 30& 60 on Mar & Apr...already gone!  And my 30 starts up again inJuly, so I'm hoping that 2 mos prior those drop too!

I'm not putting the effort into the GW...it's going away on it's own.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.