Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Help

tag
eclipse6704
Established Member

Capital One Help

I've been trying to get either a delete or a trade line change from Capital One for almost a year. The charge off that they are reporting is one of 3 negative marks left on my report.

Anyone have any luck getting anything out of them? I have paid the CA and gotten them to delete entirely. Capital One just will not give me anything. Any advice, tactics, or contacts that have worked for you would be amazing.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Help

No personal experience with Cap1.  My advice is to keep searching for contacts on the boards, google the junk of Cap 1 CEO's, credit divisions.  Send written GW requests to any Cap 1 address you can find, send emails, faxes, any kind of contact info you can get your hands on, send a GW via that contact.  Call Cap1 CSR and say you were told to fax in supporting documents to have a credit dispute inquiry reviewed and you can't find the note you wrote the fax number down on.  lol  I say keep trying until either they delete it or it falls off your reports, but that's my personal opinion...  Good luck!

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 2 of 3
tsever01
Valued Member

Re: Capital One Help

Im in the same boat.  They refuse to remove my charge-offs.  Ive sent letters, emails and spoke to people on the phone.  I think they will just have to drop off on their own.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.