Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Issue

tag
Bigtonyp24
Contributor

Capital One Issue

I had a capital one card that was closed and charged off.  I actually settled the account and paid it with collections. so i kept disputting it being charged off and that was fixed and now in the remarks it states paid in collections settled paid in full. My question is every time i log onto my auto loan with capital one i see the cc with a balance showing but it is telling me to pay zero is there a way i can have them remove it. how do i go about it. i want to get it taken off my home screen since account was settled and i do not owe any balance.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Issue

@Bigtonyp24 wrote:

I had a capital one card that was closed and charged off.  I actually settled the account and paid it with collections. so i kept disputting it being charged off and that was fixed and now in the remarks it states paid in collections settled paid in full. My question is every time i log onto my auto loan with capital one i see the cc with a balance showing but it is telling me to pay zero is there a way i can have them remove it. how do i go about it. i want to get it taken off my home screen since account was settled and i do not owe any balance.

Once an account becomes a CO it is that forever, if its paid it should be reporting as Paid was CO or Legally paid for less than full balance, it must show a 0 balance on your CR. If your issue is with the online Cap-1 payment/account info system then I suggest you call Cap-1 to have it removed from your login.

Message 2 of 6
Bigtonyp24
Contributor

yea i have to call capital one to have it removed from my log in. i know it will be there on my credit report reporting a zero balance but on the capital one log in it is telling me i owe $1400 when it was already paid.

Message 3 of 6
Goat14
Established Member

Gdale - I had a loan that went to collections with portfilio recovery and it shows a balance owed. Are you saying it should be showing $0 balance? I have not paid it, but other CO's show as $0. I have recently through transunion and others, tried to dispute it showing a balance, no luck.

I have a collection with enhanced recovery compoany over a verizon wireless bill. I talked to them yesterday on the phone. They sent a letter asking for $775 but I talked them down to $500 easily so I decided I would call them back another day and try to talk them down more. Seems to me if they were willing to settle for $500 without a fight, they would take less. What do you think? Also they wouldnt PFD and said they arent even reporting on my CR, even though verizon is. I wonder if paying them would delete the trade line?

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Bigtonyp24 wrote:

yea i have to call capital one to have it removed from my log in. i know it will be there on my credit report reporting a zero balance but on the capital one log in it is telling me i owe $1400 when it was already paid.

Oh ok, I would just ignore that, what is reported to your CRs is what is real, once an account is closed Cap-1 doesnt always update their online account login system.

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Goat14 wrote:

Gdale - I had a loan that went to collections with portfilio recovery and it shows a balance owed. Are you saying it should be showing $0 balance? No, the CA should not show a 0 balance if its not paid I have not paid it, but other CO's show as $0. I have recently through transunion and others, tried to dispute it showing a balance, no luck. The OC has to show it as a 0 balance if they have sold the account to a JDB, if they have just engaged a CA to collect on their behalf then the OC can also show a balance.

I have a collection with enhanced recovery compoany over a verizon wireless bill. I talked to them yesterday on the phone. They sent a letter asking for $775 but I talked them down to $500 easily so I decided I would call them back another day and try to talk them down more. Seems to me if they were willing to settle for $500 without a fight, they would take less. What do you think? Also they wouldnt PFD and said they arent even reporting on my CR, even though verizon is. I wonder if paying them would delete the trade line? ERC has no control over Verizons TL, if ERC is not reporting the TL then there is no need for a PFD. Is Verizon reporting a balance or is it 0???? If its 0 the CA owns the account and I would settle with them quickly for not putting it on your report..

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.