Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Judgement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Judgement

Hello,

I opened a credit card that went in default. According to the credit report I ordered, it's due to stop reporting that account this month. However, cap 1 filed a judgement against me in 2012. The judgement is not reporting on credit.

I satisfied the judgement and the satisfaction was recorded last minth. I sent a copy of the satisfaction with a dispute to the bureaus requesting the cap one account be deleted. The reason I did this is because I was worried that cap 1 would update the account to reflect the payment in full and it would be stuck on my report for another 7 years.

Anyway they responded with letters saying "we could not locate this judgement on your report". Apparently they thought I was disputing the judgement and not the account itself.

What should I do at this point? According to the score estimator on this site if I delete that collection it's a 50 point boost.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Judgement

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello,

I opened a credit card that went in default. According to the credit report I ordered, it's due to stop reporting that account this month. However, cap 1 filed a judgement against me in 2012. The judgement is not reporting on credit.

I satisfied the judgement and the satisfaction was recorded last minth. I sent a copy of the satisfaction with a dispute to the bureaus requesting the cap one account be deleted. The reason I did this is because I was worried that cap 1 would update the account to reflect the payment in full and it would be stuck on my report for another 7 years.

Anyway they responded with letters saying "we could not locate this judgement on your report". Apparently they thought I was disputing the judgement and not the account itself.

What should I do at this point? According to the score estimator on this site if I delete that collection it's a 50 point boost.

Well, you kinda painted yourself into a corner..

Now that you've disputed an account in action of finalization of lien, the CRA's gonna take up to 30-45 days roughly to determine what Cap one has to say about this, as they're just going to relay the info to Cap one anyways. Now cap one will most assuredly update with settled/paid...whatever lingo they choose.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Judgement

Well, I got an alert yesterday that there was an update to my experian profile...that account has been removed from my report entirely and my score shot up a good 60 points.  I upgraded to the 3-score monitoring and trans union and equifax seem to still be including this account.  Should I follow up with them or give it a few more days to see if it comes off from them too?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.