Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Luv 1st 6 months after credit steps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Luv 1st 6 months after credit steps

So I decided to hit the luv button on my 2 capital one cards 6 months post credit steps increase. To my surprise I got a 2500 increase on my QS and 3500 increase on my QS1. So I went from 500 to 600 at month 3 on each then 600 to 1100 at credit steps on each and now at 3600 and 4600. Very exciting for me. Hopefully help the utilization a little bit. Have a few small limit store cards to pay down with 300 limits. But things are looking up!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Luv 1st 6 months after credit steps

Nice increases. Congrats. Things are looking up indeed.
Message 2 of 14
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Capital One is good during the rebuild. I'm excited for my 6 months post steps date too! Smiley Happy

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

DO you have to have a certin card to have the love button ? I dont have one ive had my capital one card for almost a year and no increase. 

Message 4 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Login, Click on More, Under Credit Card Services, click Request CLI. Its a SP. Good Luck.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So I decided to hit the luv button on my 2 capital one cards 6 months post credit steps increase. To my surprise I got a 2500 increase on my QS and 3500 increase on my QS1. So I went from 500 to 600 at month 3 on each then 600 to 1100 at credit steps on each and now at 3600 and 4600. Very exciting for me. Hopefully help the utilization a little bit. Have a few small limit store cards to pay down with 300 limits. But things are looking up!

Congrats!  I had a similar experience with my QS1 for month 3 and Credit Steps ($500-$600-$1100) and my anniversary is in December (which also coincides with 6 months post Credit Steps) so here's hoping I have similar results in a few months!

I run a lot of money through my QS1 as it's my general spend card so maybe that'll affect things in my favor in a few months. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

DO you have to have a certin card to have the love button ? I dont have one ive had my capital one card for almost a year and no increase. 

"The Luv Button" is a euphemism, rather than a literal button. You have to go into services tab on the website, and look for the "Request Credit Limit Increase" link.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit line increases are not for the Secure cards. Capital one doesnt do that anymore if you click the request credit limit increase they will post a message saying its for unsecure cards only.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question......I received my qs1 in early July. I received my first statement one day after activation (AF $39). Should I count that initial (July) statement when counting for my credit steps increase? Or should I start with my August statement? 

Message 9 of 14
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Question......I received my qs1 in early July. I received my first statement one day after activation (AF $39). Should I count that initial (July) statement when counting for my credit steps increase? Or should I start with my August statement? 

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Have you tried for a 3 mo CLI?

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.