Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One ...Mistake?

tag
bwaycummins
Valued Member

Capital One ...Mistake?

Does anyone have a backdoor number for Cap 1 or any number that would be able to answer this for me? I recieved a Pre-Approval from Capital One in the mail today it states:

"You're working to get bak on track, trying to pay your bills on time and monitoring your finances. Apply for this Capital One Platinum MasterCard today,"

The catch is, I still have a Capital one Charge-Off reporting. Last activity was on 11/2009. The account was settled.

Was this a mistake on their end, and I should've never gotten this pre-approval... Or maybe they are giving me a second chance? I've been sending them alot of GW letters lately to remove the CO.

Any info is greatly appreciated and if you do have a contact that could answer this question PLEASE PM me.

Thanks guys

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BetteDavis2013
Valued Member

Re: Capital One ...Mistake?

I also had a charge off with Cap 1 in 2008 but was approved a few days ago for the same card. A baby limit but its a start. I don't have any contact info but I was also approved for a Kohls card which is also serviced by Cap One.
Message 2 of 6
bwaycummins
Valued Member

May i ask what your range of scores is? Mine are still in the 500's that's why i'm very skeptical. Mine range from EX-548 EQ-578 TU-588.

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Many have had COs with them and got approved again.  Even unpaid ones.

Message 4 of 6
bwaycummins
Valued Member

Is there a recon # if one were to be rejected?

Message 5 of 6
Shokk
Established Contributor

These are legit offers.  I received one way before I started rebuilding.  If its a pre approved offer, you're pre approved as long as nothing has changed since the offer was made.  IE another charge off hit, new loan, etc.

Cap One is awesome for second chances.  BoA won't touch me with one charge off.  I had 3 with Cap One.  Now I have 2 of their cards.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.