cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One No longer does manual review?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One No longer does manual review?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The real question is has her scores changed any since the account was opened? Just keep trying every few days, its possible they just have not pulled a new report yet. I ran into that trying to get an early CLI on one of my Cap1 cards last december.

Never thought about that. But to answer your question, yes her scores have changed for the better. They have increased to the low 600's from a mere 560. Plus she now has some leverage to get a CO from Barclay's off her report (a dismissal with prejudice). Also as an extra bonus she now has a PayPal Extras and a Walmart card reporting. 

Anyway back to my question, would hitting the LUV button too much cause a HP with Capital One, or would it be a SP if they did one at all.

No, you can do it daily if you like. Cap One does regular soft pulls of your reports, about four times a year, and their CLI system simply refers to the last soft pull they have done.

Message 11 of 14
driftless
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

From what I read in another thread just yesterday in the CC forum, I believe titled something like "$5k+ CLI from Capital One?" while CO in the past DID on occasion do manual reviews for CLIs, they no longer do.  Evidently this change happened within the last 2-3 months, as around 4 months ago I received a CLI from manual review.

FWIW - my manual review was more than 3 months ago.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it was almost 6 months before they would give me a CLI. I would recommend her applying for another card. If she is in the low 600s she may be able to get the quicksilver visa. I burned cap 1 in a bk7 discharged in early 15 and last January they approved me for a platinum CL 1000. then a month later I applied for the quicksilver and got approved for 3000. With scores in the low 600s keep in mind. It took about 6 months of working those cards to get a CLI. Platinum went to 2500 and qs went to 5000. It's been a few months so I hit the luv button a few weeks ago and got denied. Today I went ahead and applied for the venture card.. got approved for 15000!!!!! Maybe you can have the same sort of luck!
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently spoke with cap one on the phone Friday morning and they have enacted a new policy you can only get one card from them every six months. If you apply between that they will decline your app and not do a HP with a denial reason of you have a recent application or processing application.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.