Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Offer

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Capital One Offer

Can you PIF?  If you can, immediately send the CA a DV letter.  This will stop them from pursuing collection activity, including adding it to your report after they receive the letter.

Call Cap One and tell them you want to PIF and ask if they will pull the account back from the CA.

It is always better to deal with the OC rather than the CA.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Offer

@chrisp76 wrote:

I had a credit card with limit of $500 that right now is at $1,100.  This account was sent to collections and about a week ago I received a letter from Capital One offering me 0% interest if I agreed to start making payments to this account.

If the offer is from Capone, I would call 'em up, tell 'em you'd very much like to take advantage of this, and have 'em send it in writing. 0%, assuming they aren't going to keep dinging you for overlimit fees, is a pretty good offer from Capone. They are one CCC who rides things to the edge of SOL and then sues. Dealing with them will be far better than their CA lackey.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.