cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Plat & Capital One Quick Silver approval in one day?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Plat & Capital One Quick Silver approval in one day?

@Anonymous wrote:
You had both card and still they let you upgrade to QS?

Yes, they will do that. I've done three upgrades and one account combination so far.

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the plat a secured card??  I have one and they are not allowing me to flip to QS they state there is no option to flip mine to a QS..  they say check back in two weeks.

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure of the relevance but....

I was pre-approved for the Platninum. and a couple of weeks later, I went back to the Capital One Pre-Approval site. Thats when the Quick Silver popped up. So I went for it and got an instant approval for $500. HOWEVER, once the QS1 was added to my online profile, it came up as another Platinum card. The card that I was pre-approved for and the card that I got in the mail is the Quick Silver One. 

Also, whats the difference between QuickSilver and QuickSilver One? Anybody?

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chimom1 - there are 2 platinums, 1 secured and 1 unsecured. The unsecured one can be changed. DustStorm - the QS has no annual fee, QS1 has a 39 one. Not sure of any other difference, but I think the CL for the QS can go higher
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I was wondering why I now have two QuickSilvers but only of them has an annual fee. Guess I can't be picky when I'm in the first steps of rebuilding? Sigh....

Any chance of getting them to change my other QS1 to a QS?
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't hurt to ask.
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks. I was wondering why I now have two QuickSilvers but only of them has an annual fee. Guess I can't be picky when I'm in the first steps of rebuilding? Sigh....

Any chance of getting them to change my other QS1 to a QS?

I don't think the QS1 will convert to any other card.

EDIT: I think they will combine the 2 cards into the 1 QS line after the STEPS program is complete. Both cards have to be over 6mths old.

But since you (like me) are in a rebuilding stage it may serve better to have the 2 cards remain seperate until somewhere down the line when you start getting offers for better cards. Then go back and combine these. Both the QS1 & QS are rewards cards and the QS1 will have the CLI's so it might just be prudent to leave it as is for a bit.

I'm just thinking out loud on this one point though!

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure of the relevance but....

I was pre-approved for the Platninum. and a couple of weeks later, I went back to the Capital One Pre-Approval site. Thats when the Quick Silver popped up. So I went for it and got an instant approval for $500. HOWEVER, once the QS1 was added to my online profile, it came up as another Platinum card. The card that I was pre-approved for and the card that I got in the mail is the Quick Silver One. 

Also, whats the difference between QuickSilver and QuickSilver One? Anybody?

Yep, that's they way it looks in your acct. It will say each card is a Plat but they will have different last 4 digits. You have 2 different cards!

Message 18 of 23
AutoBot
Established Contributor

And the QS1 card has "Rewards: $0.00 cash" below the picture of the card on the account summary page.

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

All great advice!  It came up today as one inquiry on credit karma.  So I guess since it was back to back it was just registered as 1?  Hope it stays that way Smiley Happy  I decided to wait a lil bit until I get a 3rd card.  Im leaning towards the sdfcu since I already have the savings account but I wish I could just get a 3rd unsecured.  Are there any  particular cards that seem to be easy to get?

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.