cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum Card...Should I apply for a Quicksilver next month also?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Platinum Card...Should I apply for a Quicksilver next month also?

Hey everyone!

I was approved for a Capital One Platinum $300 unsecured card on 6/30/15.

On this board, I have noticed that people have more than one card from Capital One when they are rebuilding and was wondering if I should apply for another card with them?

If so, when would I apply? Should I wait until my Platinum reports for the first time?

Thank You

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum Card...Should I apply for a Quicksilver next month also?

I started with a Platinum in May 2013 when I got my Ch 13 discharge.... then I got a QS One in August 2013.

I waited 3 months... but you don't have to.  Smiley Wink

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 2 of 5
mamatried
Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum Card...Should I apply for a Quicksilver next month also?

Have you tried the Cap1 pre-qual site?
https://findmycard.capitalone.com/en/PageVersions/LandingPages/LP_UNS_QUICK_RWD_V01.aspx

12/23/14: 536 | 4/4/18 714
MAJORS: Chase Slate, Amex Blue, Citi American Airlines, Gap Visa, Cap1 QS, Southwest, AQHA BOA, Discover, Chase Freedom, Citi Best Buy, Cap1 Platinum, BuyPower GM, US Bank H-D STORE Macy's, VS, Home Depot, Old Navy, Kohl's, J Crew, Venus, Care Credit, PayPal Credit LOANS Ally Auto, Prosper, American Financial Resources Home Mortgage (USDA Rural Development)
Message 3 of 5
mamatried
Contributor

If it says, "XXXX, we couldn't match your records to a card offer. But based on your answers, we think you might like this card." - - I would NOT app.

If it gives you a preapproval on the Cap1 Quicksilver, I'd try it depending on the rest of your profile. 

I opened the Platinum as a secured $200 card in January. I PIF'd every month and in June I checked the preapproval site and it prepaproved be for the Quicksilver. I applied and got $1,000 unsecured. I ran some charges and paid them right away and they gave me a $300 unsecured CLI on the Platinum card just a couple weeks later. 

I really like the QS card so far because of the cashback. Smiley Happy

12/23/14: 536 | 4/4/18 714
MAJORS: Chase Slate, Amex Blue, Citi American Airlines, Gap Visa, Cap1 QS, Southwest, AQHA BOA, Discover, Chase Freedom, Citi Best Buy, Cap1 Platinum, BuyPower GM, US Bank H-D STORE Macy's, VS, Home Depot, Old Navy, Kohl's, J Crew, Venus, Care Credit, PayPal Credit LOANS Ally Auto, Prosper, American Financial Resources Home Mortgage (USDA Rural Development)
Message 4 of 5
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

Get them both at the same time if you can. I got  two within the same week and it didn't double my inquiries. I also wasn't following this board yet nor did I check the prequal site first. I think I just recently got the prequal offers for the two that I've had since December so it's not 100% that you'll be rejected if you don't see any specific offers. I apped for my brother who has zero credit except for him being an au on my lower co card. He got approved for both PC and qs1 and only one inquiry. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.