cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One QS M/C CLI Denial (12 months)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One QS M/C CLI Denial (12 months)

I've been getting the same message as well, on both of my Cap 1 cards (Plat w/Rewards and QS1). 

The Plat is a year old, and the QS1 is just about three months old, and on each of them I'm getting the too many inquiries reason. I think my inqs are right around 10, so it doesn't seem like that should be too many, but several of them are rather recent, so maybe that's why. 

Regardless, they've definitely tightened things up. 

As an aside ... I have a Menards card, which is overseen by Cap 1, and I requested a CLI the other day, but they wanted me to call in, so I did, and they said my request (for an additional $1,500) would require a hard pull. I declined ... kind of seems counterintuitive to request an HP when I'm getting dinged for too many inquiries. 

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also in the same boat with cap1. I have two quicksilvers, one at $500 and one at $1,300 and they will not budge because of inquiries. I've even tried to call and they just say it's an automated process. I just applied with PenFed and was approved for two of their cards totalling $2,500 but yet cap1 won't budge my limits.
Message 12 of 15
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

They have tightened up on the lower tier cards. When they denied my cli on my 2014 card, I got mad, and applied with the pre approval for the WEMC (scores in sig). Instantly approved 2/1/17 for 10k, just ombined the limits tonight (do not have to wait 6 months anymore, I suppose). You may want to scrape those scores up higher. Latest news on cap one, their delinquency rate has gone up the previous quarters. This will always lend to tightening up certain criteria, and that is scores below 700. Ouch.
Signature needs updating
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If these credit unions continue to be more fair with extending someone with a really good current standing but some older bad marks I might be done with these big banks for good.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm keeping tabs on this issue since I have an unsecured Platinum with a SL of $3,000 opened in February that should become available for a CLI via the "luv" button or telephone call at the 91-day mark after the 3rd statement posts (May sometime with a due date of 6/5) and an automatic Credit Steps increase to $3,500 due after the 6th statement posts (August with a 9/5 due date).  I currently have, I believe, anywhere from 6 to 8 inquiries on my various report depending on CRA with the oldest dating from 12/15 (so pretty much meaningless currently given that it's well over a year old) when I got my secured Platinum and the most recent dating from February or March, so that by June those should all have aged by at least 3 months.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.