cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Remove My Late Payments!!!!!!

tag
Quantarra
New Contributor

Capital One Remove My Late Payments!!!!!!

It took me only 2 weeks but I had to email CEO again and explained to them after receiving denial letter , how angry I was and how long I had been a customer and have made my payment on time and paying sometimes 2-3 x's the amount due and how I have read on this site how others were getting removals and what makes one person better than the other so I guess after all that my lates were remove and I got a 15 point increase!!!!!! I'm on my way to house hunting soon enough
Fico=642 Exp=680(perCU) TU=660
Goal=anything over my current scores,,,,,,
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Remove My Late Payments!!!!!!

Can u pm me the contact info

Starting Score: Eq 485 TU 467 Ex 400 BK filed Dec 2016
Current Score: Eq 723 TU 665 Ex 682
Goal Score: 700 All 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 27
Shawn_L
Established Member

Can you PM me your contact info as well please?  Thanks in advance.

Message 3 of 27
homein13
New Visitor

I would love some contact info as well.  I have tried edited@capitalone.com but have heard nothing back. 

Unfortunately posting of direct e-mails aren't allowed on the forums, though feel free to PM that info back and forth. - llecs, myFICO moderator

Message 4 of 27
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

This thread is a few weeks old, but for anyone seeing this don't be shy about snail mail, faxing, and calling too. I had a 30 and 90 removed immediately after a phone call (though mailed and faxed around the same time too).

Message 5 of 27
homein13
New Visitor

And you just called the regular customer service number?

Message 6 of 27
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@homein13 wrote:

And you just called the regular customer service number?

Yes, it was the same number on the back of my card/statement. I almost have the number memorized. I'm certain I called them many times before they finally changed my CR. As habit, I always called 1-2x/mo. This was a closed CC that I closed after being 90-days late.

Message 7 of 27
tjsdjs

Hello congrats on getting those lates removed.  I'm having the same issue w Capital One right now from my Orchard Bank card they acquired recently.

Can you please give me the email & mailing addresses for them?

Also, should i contact Orchard, Capital One or both?

Thanks!!

Message 8 of 27
kblatt
New Contributor

I had one 30 day late CC payment (totalling less than $80) in my 11 year history with them.  One phone call to their customer service (number on the card) and they removed it for me.  They can and will do it, so don't be shy about asking via phone!  

For anyone wondering, I said something to the tune of  "I'm not sure if you can help me with this, and this is 100% my fault, but I have one 30-day late payment from 2011 on my credit report from my Capital One credit card and it's really affecting my credit.  I've had my card for a long time and if you could help me get it removed or assist me in any way, I'd be extremely thankful."  

That was it.

The late was removed within 1 week on my report, all agencies.

Message 9 of 27
Shill017
New Visitor

Congrats on your removal!!  Could you please pm me the contact info!  I am trying to buy a house and that's the only thing holding me back Smiley Sad  Have exhausted all other options!  Would really apprecaite your help Heart

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.