Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured - Auto CLI neat

tag
SLO805
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Secured - Auto CLI neat

was just logging in to pay my bill online- noticed a 400$ increase.

i charge about a 1000$ a month for expenses lunch etc, and pay it off except for like 20$ right before my due date/bal reported.

Only had the card since last November. Did not bother nor have in mind an unsecured increase coming my way.

Gardening 25JAN16 - 25JUL16

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Ragelog
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured - Auto CLI neat

I wish I knew the trick to Capital One Secured CLI's have had the card for nearly 2 years now and besides an auto cli for $100 very early on nothing. Perfect payment history otherwise. Congrats but I wish they were more open on the policy. I call and they make it sound like only additional deposits are the only way.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 2 of 7
Officer737
Established Contributor

@Ragelog wrote:

I wish I knew the trick to Capital One Secured CLI's have had the card for nearly 2 years now and besides an auto cli for $100 very early on nothing. Perfect payment history otherwise. Congrats but I wish they were more open on the policy. I call and they make it sound like only additional deposits are the only way.

They did the same thing with me. I finally gave up.

Message 3 of 7
hitch345
Valued Member

Congrats to you OP!  I'm in the same boat as Ragelog.  I have two secured cards with them since 2012 with perfect payment history.  I have never received any auto CLI (not even the $100).  I noticed the SP'd me on 5/17.  Maybe I'll get lucky one of these days. 

Starting Score: 495 Oct 2013
Current Score: 685 Jan 2015 FICO EQ
Goal Score: (Old 680) New Goal of 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
SLO805
Frequent Contributor

I did have a bunch of collections and negatives removed via credit repair servc in last two months though. Idk if that has anything to do w it.
Gardening 25JAN16 - 25JUL16

Message 5 of 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Have your reports improved since you had capital one though? That could be a reason why, I've only had mine since March so I'll patiently wait for mine!

Congrats!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 6 of 7
hitch345
Valued Member

I have several CO's from 2008-09 still hangin on my report (all $0 balance) and only 7 inq's over the last two years.  When I got the cards I had probably around 15k of CO debt unpaid.  I have paid all of that down to 0 since Oct 2013.  I normally always have a zero balance on both cards, but April and May have been around 65% on each due to co pays for a rugrat me and DW have on the way lol.  I plan on paying both to zero 1st week of June and maybe that'll spur Cap1 to CLI me!  Both limits are currently $500 of my own doing and I would say I have ran close to 2-3k through each over the last 2 years.  

Starting Score: 495 Oct 2013
Current Score: 685 Jan 2015 FICO EQ
Goal Score: (Old 680) New Goal of 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.