Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured CLI !!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Secured CLI !!

@Anonymous wrote:
Did it ding your credit when you were denied for having 2 cards already?

Auto-denials like that do not do a credit report pull.

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dj4Money wrote:

A few things -

1.  You can have up to three cards from Capital One.
  2.  If you have a QS1 ask for a CLI online or call after 90 days of it being open. That was a suggestion from Norman and it worked, my QS1 opened with a $500 CL, it jumped to $2,000 ($1,500) im 90 days.
  3.  You might want to try for a Merrick, I got an offer for opening $700. After seven on-time payments it will jump to $1,400
  4.  Close your Platinum Card if it's paid off and immediately open an unsecured card version of the card

My scores (EX) are in the low 600's because I have 100% utilization across five cards total. I will start paying them off in March and have all $4,004 paid by May.

At that point my scores should be high 600's and I am going to apply for a Venture or Sapphire.

Actually, depending on what order you apply for them, its possible to get as many as seven capital one cards. You just have to do it in a certain order. The Platinum and the QS1 cars have a "two cap one acount limit", so those are the ones you would have to get first. Then the premium cards - Venture, Venture One and Quicksilver all have a five account limit, so you can add thee of those. Then there are the two "specialty branded cards" the GM Buypower card and the Sony card. These two cards do not have any existing account limits, so you can add these last, for a total of seven.

You can't really "try" for a merrick card - they are "invitation only" you cannot cold app for them.

Message 22 of 24
Abelcrdn
Regular Contributor

Looks like ill be waiting for awhile! Super stoked even for the small 300 Cli
12/23 Fico Score 8 TU-761 EX -747 EQ-734
Message 23 of 24
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

@Abelcrdn wrote:
Looks like ill be waiting for awhile! Super stoked even for the small 300 Cli

It does feel good! It's the last you'll see though as said.. my over two years.. I'm going to close it and get my $220 back because even the EO said there's nothing they can do. 

Go with the QSO and watch it grow. I love my QuickSilver WORLD Mastercard and it's grown very well in about 18 months from $300 to $8,000 

Good luck with the rebuilding Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.