cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Card Credit Limit INCREASE!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Secured Card Credit Limit INCREASE!!

I have capital One Secured Card for over 6 months I pay on time always I got a unsecured increase of $300 so far I like capital One.

the Only thing that i don't like is that i have to pay interest on my own money....

Message 61 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you get an increase on secured card? I was told they don't do increase on secured card
Message 62 of 96
xosamandaxo
Regular Contributor

It just happens. Ive had card for 9 months and they gave me $250 increase so far.  Im hoping to get more when I hit one year!

Message 63 of 96
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

They increased mine. I have had the card since 1/2012

I have the partially secured for 49 for 200. Just in June they bumped it to 750

Same with my husbands as well.

We do have  QS with a 5k limit was my old orchard gold last year with a 300 limit

That might have helped a bit

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 64 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone who had to pay the $200 deposit receive a unsecured CLI? Im asking because I see a lot of people who had to pay $49 for $200 get unsecured CLI but rarely see people who had to pay the full amount down get a unsecured CLI. I opened mine up in april 2014 and I had to put the full $200 down and no CLI yet. My score has gone up about 82 points since then from me rebuilding but scared to apply for a unsecured Cap 1 right now especially because when I try their preapproval site it tells me that they cant match me with any of their cards Smiley Sad. I love Cap 1 and hope to grow with them.
Message 65 of 96
homeinfuture
Contributor

I recieved my Cap One Secured card in July of this year, I paid the entire $200 for the deposit. I used the card for 2 months and then applied for a Cap One platinum and was approved for $300 limit, before I even got the platinum card in the mail I applied for a Quicksilver one and was approved for $1000. My scores at the time were EQ 596 TU 567 EX 613 at the time my balance on the secured card was $49. I also did not get an approval on the Pre Qualify site because i am opted out. Good Luck

Message 66 of 96
dashpt
Frequent Contributor

@homeinfuture wrote:

I recieved my Cap One Secured card in July of this year, I paid the entire $200 for the deposit. I used the card for 2 months and then applied for a Cap One platinum and was approved for $300 limit, before I even got the platinum card in the mail I applied for a Quicksilver one and was approved for $1000. My scores at the time were EQ 596 TU 567 EX 613 at the time my balance on the secured card was $49. I also did not get an approval on the Pre Qualify site because i am opted out. Good Luck

I have the cap one secured for two years, i paid 99 and got 200 but i paid ontime for two years no lates nothing but never got an increase i applied for the unsecured quicksilver and was approved for 2000, but still no increase....

Cap one secured=200 closed
Cap One unsecured10,000
Wellsfargo1500
Walmart5000
Victoria'ssecrets1850, citicard 6500TU=735,Ex=723,Eq=734
Message 67 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay thank you both for the information. My scores right now are 552, 568, and 572 so I probably wont get approved at this time. CK recommends me the quicksilver but only gives me a "fair" chance and scared of wasting a inquiry. I have 2 FP COs that are hurting me bad and set to fall off 2/15 so I was planning on waiting for them to fall off before I app unless I can get them off sooner! I am opted in and dont receive any prequalifications. Their site has actually been weird for me. I was never prequalified for anything at all. Then yesterday I was prequalified for their secured card. But that only last a couple.of hours because I am now not prequalified for anything anymore lol
Message 68 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called them to ask the same thing.. I have had my card a year. and no CLI since having it.. Got the letter saying they dont do CLI on secured cards... really disappointed with Cap One right now...COngrats to you tho..

Message 69 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the card for a couple years.  Have paid on time, no late pays, no overlimits and have paid in and extra 750 for deposit.

I have never had a CLI from them.  

I did however get a auotloan with them and I am hopeful that it will lead to a unsecured card with them. If it doesnt then I will kill the card by june next year and find a new bank.  

T

Message 70 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.