cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Card Credit Limit INCREASE!!

tag
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured Card Credit Limit INCREASE!!

I have 2 cap 1 QS1 and my wife has 1.

Today, she got a 1500$ boost, and mine still remain the same.... i did press the love button, but i got denied since i dont use my cards enough "Not enough Activity" what a terrible thing to say..... 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 81 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am nothing but appreciative of Capital One.  I got the $49/200 deal in June of 2013.  I used the card, made payments on time and they initially gave me a $100 CLI to $300.  Afterwards, I got a $450 increase to $750 which is currently where I stand.  Reading through this thread, I see many of the $100 only or no increase took place in early 2013 and so on.  I believe that they've made some business decisions which include loosening the purse strings a bit?  Because all of the recent replies are showing the more than $100 CLI increase. 

Message 82 of 96
amz1121
Valued Member

I've had my Capital One secured card since 2011 and have never once receved a CLI Smiley Sad I have never missed a single payment and have even boosted my deposit to $500.00...maybe its because my account is from 2011?

Message 83 of 96
Agee
New Visitor

Had my Cap One credit card since June 2014. Had a $1000 credit limit and today I received an email increasing my credit lime to $3000. I hae paid on time and sometime twice a month. But I have pretty much maxxed the $1000 limit, then out of no  where an increas.. I have no idea why.

Message 84 of 96
mdemosix
Established Member

You may have heard wrongSmiley Happy, I just recently got a 300 dollar increase to my secured credit line , I believe I'm at 9 months with them...

One day at a timeSmiley Wink
Message 85 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your cli's. I have had my citi sec cc since may 13 with 3 seperate deposits as  cli's. I waited 16 mos and requested cli. Received a letter that this product is not eligible for cli.

Message 86 of 96
slund5499
Established Contributor

Try carrying a small balance. Not all creditors like the PIF every month. (Capital one, Barclay, commenity).

Both quicksilvers we have jumped $2000 each without hitting the luv button. We carried 25% of the old credit line of $500 each for 6 months after our PC from platinum to QS.

Exactly 6 months and 2 dayslater....both cards got a $2000 bump.

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 87 of 96
stefnian0426
Regular Contributor

I started with the $49/ 200 limit.

I use it quite often and always pay in full. I also added another $200 towards the card for a total of $400.

After 6 months i got a $300 CLI from capital one. Thought there was a mistake as i didn't know they did that with the card Smiley Happy

Message 88 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stormb28 what card did you apply for?? I have had this card for 7 months have keep the usage to under 35% and paid in full every month. I started with a $99 deposit (which you don't get back unless you close your card) they just raised my limit to $500. I'm still going to keep my utilization rAte to under 35% to hopefull keep increasing limit and helping my credit score! What other card help build credit fast? Which is the cash rewards that's stormb speaks of?!!
Message 89 of 96
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Stormb28 what card did you apply for?? I have had this card for 7 months have keep the usage to under 35% and paid in full every month. I started with a $99 deposit (which you don't get back unless you close your card) they just raised my limit to $500. I'm still going to keep my utilization rAte to under 35% to hopefull keep increasing limit and helping my credit score! What other card help build credit fast? Which is the cash rewards that's stormb speaks of?!!

The regular quicksilver one more than likely. I have that one and they entered me into the Credit Steps program. This is possibly the one specially if you're rebuilding. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 90 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.