Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Card Mailing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Secured Card Mailing?

Hello all, I am new to the forum! At 25, I am rebuilding my credit after maxing out prom credit cards, co-signing for a car that was repossessed, and leaving my student loans in deferment for 2 years. Yikes! I've paid off some old collections and my score actually went down! Depressing. Anyways, I need some positive trade lines while continuing to pay my debt off. I have a SEFCU secured card for $500 that I use and pay every month, but that's about it. I was approved for a secured capital one card and received an email today: "name"

It’s official! You’re a Capital One card customer. We’re happy to have you on board.

Right now, we’re busy personalizing your new card and making sure it’s good to go. As soon as it’s in the mail, we’ll send you a quick heads up. Get ready for good things to come.

You’re Gonna Love What’s In Your Wallet®

I put down $1500 in deposit on 4/29 and it came out my account 4/30. Does this mean the card was mailed? I'm sort of anxious to use it and start paying it off. Plus, I can use it to reserve my rent car next week so it can start reporting right away. Do they still send an email when it's been mailed? Any tips you guys can give on paying dept and adding postives would be amazing. Thank you!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Secured Card Mailing?

Welcome to the forum...  Congrats on the approval. Once the card is mailed, CAP 1 will send you a seperate email telling you it is on its way.  Also, for your car rental needs you can proceed to use it once it is activated and CAP 1 sometimes take a while to report so it won't be reporting immediately.

Since you are in the process of rebuilding, I'd get another secure card (BOA) to add to the CAP 1 secure card.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok wonderful! Do you know how long after the deposit is made, the card is mailed? And I think I will apply for the BOA card. Other than credit cards, what else could I do to have a positive trade line?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok wonderful! Do you know how long after the deposit is made, the card is mailed? And I think I will apply for the BOA card. Other than credit cards, what else could I do to have a positive trade line?

CAP 1 usually mails out the card within 2 weeks.  Good idea on the BOA.  Also, to keep  a positive tradeline always have 1-9% reporting to the bureaus.  So if you spend alot of money on the card pay most of it before statement is cut /closes.

Also, since you have a couple of baddies on your report what steps have you taking to remove them?  While working to establish positive tradelines, I'd also concentrate on removing the bad stuff also.

Message 4 of 10
jvickroy1013

When i got my CAP one secured card a little under 2 years ago, it took them a few weeks to mail it out, with very little updates through out the process.

Message 5 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Welcome to the Forums!

I recently recieved my second C1 card, it took about a week to come from when the email was sent, however I did recently product change a different card with them and have not received the new card or email stating it's on the way.  So I would say jsut ontinue to wait, it should truly be any day now! Congrats once again!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jvickroy1013 wrote:

When i got my CAP one secured card a little under 2 years ago, it took them a few weeks to mail it out, with very little updates through out the process.

CAP 1 has changed since then is now mailing cards out quickly.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! All the wonderful advice!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you so much! All the wonderful advice!

You are welcome!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.