Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Card

tag
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Capital One Secured Card

I applied for 2 secured cards with capital one 2012. They approved me but I never sent deposits. They are showing on my CR as over the limit and charged off. What the heck is that about? How do I handle it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ORllyNao
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured Card

@peaved_about_credit wrote:
I applied for 2 secured cards with capital one 2012. They approved me but I never sent deposits. They are showing on my CR as over the limit and charged off. What the heck is that about? How do I handle it?

If you never actually gave the deposit and opened the card, I would say you should dispute those on your CR. 

FICO 8 | March 2023
Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would contact the Cap-1 EO on this one.

Message 3 of 4
seruby
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

I would contact the Cap-1 EO on this one.

Agree with gdale.   According to Capital One's website:

Can I pay my security deposit over time?

Yes. You can make partial payments but need to make sure you've made your full, required deposit within 80 days of being approved. Once we've received your required deposit, your card will be on its way. All deposits must be at least $20 and in whole dollar increments.

What happens if I don't send in the required deposit for my Capital One Secured Credit Card?

You must make your required security deposit payment within 80 days of being approved. If you do not meet this deadline, the offer will expire and we will not be able to open an account for you.

So based on their own website, if you didn't pay the deposit, you wouldn't have received a card AND they wouldn't have opened an account for you.  Definitely contact the EO 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.