Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Card

tag
AAG1903
Established Member

Capital One Secured Card

What has been your experience on how soon they offered you an unsecured card?

CK starting score 514, goal 600 in 6 months or less
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
onepointatatime
Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured Card

I applied 6 months after getting my Cap1 secured, and got approved for a QuickSilver One for $500, auto-increased to $750 just recently.  6 months after the QS1 - namely, right now - I tried PC'ing it to a QuickSilver Rewards (VISA Signature), and got denied.. they said they need more history on the QS1 before they can consider upgrading me at this point.

Sep 2013: mid 500s | Sep 2014: myfico: EX 539 | EQ 594 | TU 694 || My Rebuilding Journey
myfico, 12/3/2015: EX 666 | EQ 677 | TU 689 | AAoA : 3y | INQs (12/24) EX 11/13 | EQ 5/9 | TU 4/7
Cards: Chase Sapphire Pref. $6K | BoA Travel Rewards $1.6K | Cap1 QS Rewards $7.5K | Priceline $0.5K | Credit Union $2K | Total (5) Revolving CLs: $17.6K
Goal Score 2015: FICO08 800+
Message 2 of 9
homeinfuture
Contributor

I got one in July made 2 payments and then applied for a cap one platinum and was approved for $300, not even one week later I applied for a quicksilver one and was approved for $1000. My fico scores are EQ 596 TU 556 EX 613 . I have one recent charge off with Credit one from last year, one medixal collection and a repo from about 5 years ago.

Message 3 of 9
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

I have had my card since April. I have paid on time, I actually make two payments a month, above what's due. And I constantly use my card. I have heard that some have gotten CLI's with the secured card that's why I'm using mine like that so I can qualify for one too. 

I haven't been able to obtain another card with them yet, but I will apply come next April.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i never had a Secured CapOne Credit Card but i did have a Secured Credit Card before,  you can start applying for other credit cards after 6 or 7 months, The CapOne Journey Visa is great because is very easy to get with limited credit, has NO annual fee and gives you 1.25% Cashback unlimited, you Don't have to be a Student to get it...

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have my secured Cap1 since May, I started off with $200 CL, a month later I've make deposit addtional $300, then another month I make addtional $500 deposit to increase my CL. Now I have 1000 CL with them and my CL has not increase yet.  Hopefully it will increase after 6months.  This secured card are very good, It report to CR every month.  I only have this card for 4 months, I applied for addtional unsecure card for QuickSilver Cap1 and I also applied for Journey Visa and gotten approved. I am awaiting for the card to arrive so I can use them. I heard these 2 card from Cap1 are good with reward.

Message 6 of 9
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

I have had mine for a year. No CLIs, no upgrades, nothing. Tried contacting EO and Social Network CSRs. Nothing. Bumped my score 30 or so points when I got it, because it was my first card, other than that, it has done nothing for me. I don't carry a balance, always pay in full, no derogatory marks, AoAA is almost 2 years (have student loans). Then again every other lender is like this towards me as well. I'll give it until the two year mark.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 7 of 9
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@homeinfuture wrote:

I got one in July made 2 payments and then applied for a cap one platinum and was approved for $300, not even one week later I applied for a quicksilver one and was approved for $1000. My fico scores are EQ 596 TU 556 EX 613 . I have one recent charge off with Credit one from last year, one medixal collection and a repo from about 5 years ago.

That's interesting. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I completed one year with my C1 secured card this month and while I dont expect a CLI I am interested to see if I get one only because I did get a $100 bump at my 6 mo mark automatically.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.