Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured arrived today!!!

tag
enragedjerry
Contributor

Capital One Secured arrived today!!!

So im excited to finally start all over again with the rebuilding of my credit. I opened up a capital one checkings acc and also applied for a secured card and to my surprised was approved. I needed to pah $99 to open it but instead i gave them $300, so long story short it arrived today and i just want to know what is the best and fastest method that will get me on the right track? If i spend $50 dollars every month should i PIF or what?
9 REPLIES 9
Calistal
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured arrived today!!!

@enragedjerry wrote:
So im excited to finally start all over again with the rebuilding of my credit. I opened up a capital one checkings acc and also applied for a secured card and to my surprised was approved. I needed to pah $99 to open it but instead i gave them $300, so long story short it arrived today and i just want to know what is the best and fastest method that will get me on the right track? If i spend $50 dollars every month should i PIF or what?

Congratulations on the new card!  Smiley Happy  

In regards to utilization - 1 - 9% of CL posted on statement date is ideal.  You can go higher than that through the month, so long as its paid before the statement posts.  Then - PIF after the statement posts.  Smiley Happy

Starting Scores : EQ: 593 // TU: 571 // EX: 595 ~~5/2023 : TU: 823 // EX: 831 // EQ: 838
TCLs: 144k
Message 2 of 10
enragedjerry
Contributor

Calistal sounds good. Thank you so much for the reply.
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@enragedjerry wrote:

I've had the card since last April and what I can say is that I run a lot of money through it! I make two payments a month, more than the mininum and I let it report a balance. In November, I got an increase of $300 without even asking, just paying on time, and using it.

Hope this helps.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 10
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!!!!!  

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 5 of 10
enragedjerry
Contributor

Thank you @alienfico
seruby
Frequent Contributor

Cool.  Good job starting the rebuilding.   I got the cap 1 secured last March, put $49 down got a $200 limit.   About 2-3 months later, they bumped me up to $300.   Now I'm at $750.  Haven't put any extra to it except the initial $49.

Message 7 of 10
finallyfixingit
Regular Contributor

Good for you. I just got my first unsecured line increase last week. It was $300.

7/14 Scores: EQ- 576, TU- 589, EX- 567
3/7/15 Scores: EQ- 666, TU- 680, EX- 669

last app 3/11/15
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

This card can open so many doors for . Play the game the right way and you'll have "prime" cards in no time .
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Just Paid My Deposit now Waiting for the card! I had to pay $200 though. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.