cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured card raised score from 595 to 652!!!

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Secured card raised score from 595 to 652!!!

I'm with llecs. If the CC hasn't reported yet, that is not the culprit. Something else happened. You mentioned that the OC pulled back a judgment recently. Is the PR no longer showing on the CR?

@llecs wrote:

@CO_MOM1977 wrote:

I didn't expect to see such a jump, or so fast since I just applies yesterday.  Thinking about doing the Open Sky one as well.  Thanks to everyone for all the great advice, now off to send more PFD letters!  

I'd check your reports for other changes that resulted in the increase. CapOne is notoriously slow in reporting for the first time. If you applied yesterday, it probably won't start reporting until 2-3 months out.  Stay persistent on the PFDs.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 20
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

This is true if there currently is no score, but if there already is a score, the impact will be immediate upon reporting. When I opened my first CC in years, my FICO jumped by over 100 points and ultimately climbed to over 200 points a couple of months later.

@guiness56 wrote:

@dddewdrop wrote:

@Bleety17 wrote:

wow thats awesome! I just opened my first CC since 08 last week. I hope my score shoots up just like yours did! Congrats!

I just opened my first 2 credit cards in a while. I can't wait for them to report for the first time so I can actually get a real fico score. I want a real score to measure progress from. Hopefully it will be really really low so I can really improve and like double it or something Smiley Happy

You know it takes 6 months after the account is reported in order to get a FICO.

Message 12 of 20
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Junejer wrote:

This is true if there currently is no score, but if there already is a score, the impact will be immediate upon reporting. When I opened my first CC in years, my FICO jumped by over 100 points and ultimately climbed to over 200 points a couple of months later.

@guiness56 wrote:

@dddewdrop wrote:

@Bleety17 wrote:

wow thats awesome! I just opened my first CC since 08 last week. I hope my score shoots up just like yours did! Congrats!

I just opened my first 2 credit cards in a while. I can't wait for them to report for the first time so I can actually get a real fico score. I want a real score to measure progress from. Hopefully it will be really really low so I can really improve and like double it or something Smiley Happy

You know it takes 6 months after the account is reported in order to get a FICO.

From the post, it didn't sound like the poster had a FICO score.

Message 13 of 20
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I can see the point. I may have been reading something into the post. A while could be 15 years and there is no file, I suppose.

Message 14 of 20
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

OP if you dont mind me asking how much was the secured card for?

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 15 of 20
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@dddewdrop wrote:

@Bleety17 wrote:

Well maybe not. Cause my acount aging is a bit ambiguous. One credit report has a citi card from 2005 on it still showing and they all have a charged off card from 2011 on them. So that means that as soon as this card reports I should be eligible for a Fico score. Is that right or am i missing something?

@GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

Message 16 of 20
ryox03
Regular Contributor

I wish that when I got my Capital One secured card that my scored jumped that much. I have had it for 6 months and my score still sits at 534. I do have alot of charge offs/collections though.

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 17 of 20
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@dddewdrop wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

@dddewdrop wrote:

@Bleety17 wrote:

Well maybe not. Cause my acount aging is a bit ambiguous. One credit report has a citi card from 2005 on it still showing and they all have a charged off card from 2011 on them. So that means that as soon as this card reports I should be eligible for a Fico score. Is that right or am i missing something?

@GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

This is what is required to get a FICO score.

• At least one account that has been open for six months or more  Is the COd card still open
  • At least one undisputed account that has been reported to the credit bureau with in the past six months Has the COd account reported in the past 6 months
  • No indication of deceased on the credit report  I'm taking it your report doesn't say you are no longer with us

Message 18 of 20
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Oh yeah i guess you are right. oh well. at least im moving in the right direction. i got 2 new cards and they are opened and aging. I have less than 9% ulilisation on one card. The other im going to make a token purchase on once i receive it then put it in my sock draw til further notice. I am still working on getting baddies removed from my report and waiting back for a response for my irs form 12277 petition for withdrawal of Federal Tax Lien. So thus I'm gardening... i wanted a real fico score as a starting point but if im not eligible then im not eligible and I just have to setting for a fako. thanks for your help!.

Message 19 of 20
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

The old card is not reporting as COed. Its most recent reporting is 2006. Its status on exp is inactive/never late...  My TU report has an old open utility account that was closed in 2006. It says never late and status is open account but then it has a closed date in 2006 so not sure if that means open or closed.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.