Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured

tag
mebell
Regular Contributor

Capital One Secured

So, after doing a lot of research in these forums, I have pretty much seen that Capital One gives the secured card with a 200 CL and onliy one CLI to 300 after 6 months. I have had the card with them for nearly 2 years now with no lates and always maintain a low balance if any. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this card, if....

(1) Capital One actually will do other CLI down the road

(2) Graduate the card to one of their unsecured cards

As said before, all I could see is that people get to 300 and don't go any further. If not, I'm just going to apply for a better card in a few month when I have a score increase to closer to 700. Thanks for the input in advance!

Starting Score: TU 629 6/2013
Current Score: TU 697 (March'14) EQ 688 (April'14) EX 693 (March '14)
Goal Score: 700

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured

With current scores of 643, it's time to move on from secured.  Especially Capital One's products.

Message 2 of 3
mebell
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured

Thanks for the feedback! What would you suggest? As of now, that is my only actual credit card. I do have a Macy's Card and GE Car Care One. Both have a much higher limit. AAoA is 6 years, all of my current account are in great standing.

Starting Score: TU 629 6/2013
Current Score: TU 697 (March'14) EQ 688 (April'14) EX 693 (March '14)
Goal Score: 700

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.