Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One and Credit One charge offs

tag
alexl22
Regular Contributor

Capital One and Credit One charge offs

So I have two charge offs from these guys in 2009. The capital one is a hsbc but i dont think that makes a difference now as they bought them out. I have since then paid the CA these were given too and was wondering if anyone had contact info for either of these for me to send good will letters/emails. Much appreciated.

Starting Score: myFICO TU: 542, myFICO EQ: 556 EX: 549 (03/2013)
Current Score: 729 TU, EQ: 702, EX 724

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
alexl22
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One and Credit One charge offs

I recieved the email for credit one from a very nice forum goer, still looking for contact info for Capital One, and now I'm also looking for Portfolio Recovery contact info, trying to send PFD and GW letter. Thank you!

Message 2 of 7
esmer0924
Regular Contributor

I have an email for HSBC/Best Buy - now the underwriter is Capital One but I didn't have any success with a paid for less charge off to HSBC.  If you would like it I can send it however, they informed me that "THEY DO NOT DO GOODWILL ADJUSTMENTS" they were nice but very clear. 

Starting Score: 672 TU, 669 EQ, 659 EX FAKO(10/3/11)
Current Score: 786 TU FICO(5/23/14), 758 EQ FICO (8/01/14), 811 EX FICO (5/26/14)
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 7
lae_lae
Regular Contributor

PM sent.

Message 4 of 7
alexl22
Regular Contributor

Thank you both!

Message 5 of 7
jamiii
New Contributor

I have CO's with both of these (Cap1 and Credit One) as well.  If anyone can send me contact info that they've used, I'd appreciate it.  

Thanks,

Message 6 of 7
goosedog
Regular Contributor

Don't bother putting any energy into CAP 1/HCBS accounts. I have tried every angle. GW letters, disputes with credit reporting agencies, emails to Exec office, emails to compliance department, emails to every CEO i cound find, i have tried account supervisors, i even tried one person directly in the presidents office and she said that was final, they will not remove anything, late, past due, in collections, chargedoff..you get the idea.

If you burn capital one, they will burn you right back. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.