cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One and WF Secured card- 3rd card??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One and WF Secured card- 3rd card??

Hi! I just paid off all collections and now I have nothing left! 👍🏾👍🏾 I only have student loans (which is in deferment and will be deferred since I'm going back to school) and an auto loan which is up to date with no late payments.

My credit is 579, 591, and 583. My goal is around 650 this year so I can purchase a house at the end of the year!

I have a WF Secured with $300 limit and CO Secured with $200 limit.

I'm seeing here that 3 cards are best.. What should I get for the third card?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
huck1081
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One and WF Secured card- 3rd card??

Have you tried the Cap One pre-qual? If your scores in your sig are fico, then you should be able to get an unsecured with them. You could try the Chase Pre-qual, but your scores may be to low for them. 

Starting: EQ 501 TU 514 EX 533 (12/2014)
Current: EQ 613 TU 625 EX 615 (4/1/2016) Goal: 640 and a new home loan
Message 2 of 10
Pway
Valued Contributor

How long have you had the cards that you have listed here?  I would not touch chase, your scores are a bit low, no need to waste a HP.  Yes three cards are optimal to mazximize fico scores, however you do not have to obtain them all at once.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes- I did and it suggested a secured card.

My EQ just went up 27 points!!! Now it's 606! My first goal is 600 across the board.

I just opened them.
Message 4 of 10
Studio90x
Contributor

Try the prequel again now that your scores have increased.

I remember doing the prequel in August and was offered the secured card. I had decided to hold off and wait until the next month when my scores were all increased close to 600s. I was then offered and approved for the Platinum and QS1.
EQ8 - 696 TU8 - 700 EX8 - 683
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes people get no love on the pre qual even though their scores are on the rise.

Happened to me.

I finally appd for the Plat and was approved for $500
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Sometimes people get no love on the pre qual even though their scores are on the rise.

Happened to me.

I finally appd for the Plat and was approved for $500

Same here - never have gotten any love from the prequal, but I've been approved anyway.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

update:: my transunion just went up to 624!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Happy dance!!! So 607, 624 and 583.

I have not seen the 600's in years!

I have not paid the secured deposit yet for the Capital One secured card. Should I go ahead? Or apply for an unsecured card?
Message 8 of 10
Studio90x
Contributor

I would go ahead and apply. If approved for Platinum app for the QS1 right after. There wouldn't be a need for the secured card if approved for those 2 cards.
EQ8 - 696 TU8 - 700 EX8 - 683
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

unfortunately I wasn't approved. Smiley Sad

I'll do the secured card then eventually switch to an unsecured card.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.