Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One charge off

tag
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Capital One charge off

I have 2 accts with Capital One CC.... 1 was charged off 2 days ago. I found this out yesterday when I called to make a payment.... He said that it may not keep the acct open and if not it would be applied to the charged off balance. He said it may keep it from being charged off. Has any had this experience with Cap One..I would really like to keep it from being charged off. 

Thank you 

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One charge off

What you need is their agreement, possibly via an offer to enter into a payment plan or to pay the entire debt, not to report any charge-off that they might take.

They may be required under banking regs to take the CO if it has reached the required length of delinquency.

Regardless, they are NOT required to report the CO to the CRAs, even if they take that accounting measure.

Thus, the real issue from your perspective is not whether they take a CO, but rather whether you can obtain their agreement not to report it to the CRAs.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.