Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One charge offs removed - 2 reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One charge offs removed - 2 reports

I looked at my reports today and it shows my 2 capital one charge offs from 2013 are gone on equifax and transunion. I have not done anything to trigger these. I do have 3 new accounts with them now in the past 6 months. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. They both are with portfolio recovery which I'm going to attempt PFDs on in the next few months. Small balances of 500 and 800. Heard they are tough to work with.

On experian do you know if I should just wait to see if they remove those or how do I go about that with out bringing up a can of worms and possibly having it come back on the other 2 reports???
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One charge offs removed - 2 reports

If the charged-off accounts were still owned by the OC and only referred to a debt collector, deletion on one or more CRAs could signifiy that they may have sold the debt, and no longer wish to monitor the credit reporting to multiple CRAs.

Did they recently sell the debt?

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

they just removed two accoutns for me as well. CAp1 sold the accounts two years ago to pfa.  

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they remove from all 3 CRA? I only see it on the 2 of mine
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

They sold the debt a few years ago and have been reporting as a charge off on reports for those few years.
Message 5 of 15
AutoBot
Established Contributor

I have a similar situation. Capital One removed 3 charge-off accounts from EQ and TU. I didn't dispute or goodwill any of them. My opinion is that they were removed by CAP1 because they were 1 month past SOL. However, EX still has all 3 listed. So CAP1 decided to remove them from just EQ and TU (unlikely) or EX is just slow to remove them.

In looking at my EX CR, they do not list a drop off date, ex: "This account is scheduled to continue on record until XXXXXX" for these 3 accounts. I am hopeful they will be gone from EX soon.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on the same boat.. Two charge off gone from tu and eq but not ex...also still show a paid for less bal. on all three Tu eq and ex... Keep updating us
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The paid for less balance is that the collection agency reporting that? How old were your charge offs?
Message 8 of 15
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I looked at my reports today and it shows my 2 capital one charge offs from 2013 are gone on equifax and transunion. I have not done anything to trigger these. I do have 3 new accounts with them now in the past 6 months. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. They both are with portfolio recovery which I'm going to attempt PFDs on in the next few months. Small balances of 500 and 800. Heard they are tough to work with.

On experian do you know if I should just wait to see if they remove those or how do I go about that with out bringing up a can of worms and possibly having it come back on the other 2 reports???

OP, I had a similar recent experience with regard to a Cap One charge-off from 2013. It was scheduled to stay on my reports until 2020, but within a few weeks of having paid off this C/O in its entirety to Cach LLC (the collection agency to which the debt had been sold), the tradeline was removed from EQ and TU without requesting it (though I did intend to send GW letters to them last month).  I, too, have a few new accounts in good standing with Cap One, so perhaps that does have something to do with it.  It never dropped off of my EX report, so I recently disputed the TL on the basis of prior balances having been reported incorrectlym which was, in fact, a valid dispute. They deleted the TL from EX within the week.  Hopefully you will have similar success! Best of luck to you!

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay the two charge off happen in dec of 2011 and in feb of 2012. One was sold to Cavarly and the other to Midland. I got the Cavarly deleted via BBB complaint and I got Midland deleted via paid in full before even beefing report and received letter as proof. My third account was closed and settle for less than full balance at 120 past due Thur capital one reps back in fall of 2009. And this one is still on all three reports..
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.