Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One credit steps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One credit steps

I have the capital one Quicksilver one enrolled in credit steps. The limit is just 300. But in a month, im using more and trying to make multiple payments. Before the statement gets issued, i make sure the balance is less so that utilization looks good on credit reports. Three statements have passed.

Question is with respect to getting good credit increase in credit steps, will the credit score and report matter a lot or individual account history? I ask this because i have been getting turned down when i hit the luv button for cli online. My credit report has four negative accounts. I have settled one, paid in full for two accounts, planning to settle the fourth one too.. So hopefully by the time i get to credit steps after 6th statement cuts, i may not have balance on negative accounts. They sent me a mail couple of months ago if i make five monthly payments on time, i will get increase from 300 to 500

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One credit steps

A lot of people here have been saying that Credit Steps is great and all, they give you six months, but many times if you hit the luv button 3 monts in, maybe just a little bit over, users are getting more of a CLI than they were expecting with credit steps. Happened to me last week. 500 CL, expecting 750 with Credit Steps in June, pulled the trigger and got 1500.  We'll see if I still get an auto-bump in June.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I first got my QS1 card they gave me $500 CL; I requested an increase at the 3mth mark and was approved for another $1000; received another $500 at the 6th month mark. I plan on hitting it again next month. 

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the capital one Quicksilver one enrolled in credit steps. The limit is just 300. But in a month, im using more and trying to make multiple payments. Before the statement gets issued, i make sure the balance is less so that utilization looks good on credit reports. Three statements have passed.

Question is with respect to getting good credit increase in credit steps, will the credit score and report matter a lot or individual account history? I ask this because i have been getting turned down when i hit the luv button for cli online. My credit report has four negative accounts. I have settled one, paid in full for two accounts, planning to settle the fourth one too.. So hopefully by the time i get to credit steps after 6th statement cuts, i may not have balance on negative accounts. They sent me a mail couple of months ago if i make five monthly payments on time, i will get increase from 300 to 500

When you log onto your account, there will be letters of explanation for the denials in your statements link, under the documents tab. See what the denial reasons are.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently in the steps program for my platinum and quicksilver. Both have a limit of $300. Tried the CLI got a message saying my Credit line is too new.  Got the cards in October. Tried last month. (Crying)

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

No loss, it'll come.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am currently in the steps program for my platinum and quicksilver. Both have a limit of $300. Tried the CLI got a message saying my Credit line is too new.  Got the cards in October. Tried last month. (Crying)

Just keep trying every few days. Took me almost three weeks of trying last time.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just keep trying every few days. Took me almost three weeks of trying last time.

I will give it another try.  See what happens. 

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could someone refer to my original post and answer please? It would be helpful to know whether credit steps bothers about negative accounts or just individual account history

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will come.

July opened Platinum $500.  August PC'd to QS.  6th statement January I got my first and only increase $2000. Smiley Wink

September opened PlayStation $500.  December CLI via luv button $1k.  March should be the end of credit steps! 

Edit:  my credit steps emails stated $250 increases.  CAP1 WILL GIVE HIGHER!  Patience is a virtue that sucks hard. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.