cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One doesn't know what I'm asking for (Blacklist)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One doesn't know what I'm asking for (Blacklist)

I've been on phone with Capital One for the last 40 minutes with a SIMPLE question....WHEN WILL MY BLACKLIST DATE ENDS??? They keep telling me to call credit bureau(s), I told them "No, because Capital One DID NOT pull any CR or impact my score" when I cold app'ed February 20th and got the letter stating so! I was transferred to Supervisor, he said which does not make sense "up to 7 or 11 years before I could get back in with Capital One" LOL! Come on! Do your job and be knowledgeable with it! I was transferred over and over with them NOT knowing what to do or tell me my end of blacklist date!

I am now 8 month post discharge chapter 7 (CapOne was included just for measly $300).

Looks like I will try again mid-June which is 1 year post discharge and presumely end of usual Capital One's end of Blacklist date?

Any suggestions? Just wanted one card to replace Merrick Visa with $72 AF ugh then I'm pretty much set with 3 cards before I app for mortgage on or after my 2nd year post DC.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One doesn't know what I'm asking for (Blacklist)

I can't believe you got a Discover IT, but Cap1 won't let you in. I burned them for like $1100 on a credit card, plus a loan from them IIB (but paid in full through the BK, maybe that helped) and they let me in 2 days after discharge. And preapproved me for up to a $40k auto loan with sub-10% interest.

I thought Disc was unpredictable, but it seems Cap1 is too! I think there are a few of us on there who burned them who got back in right away, but they won't let in you in over a measly $300? what the heck? I wish I knew the answer to your question.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't believe you got a Discover IT, but Cap1 won't let you in. I burned them for like $1100 on a credit card, plus a loan from them IIB (but paid in full through the BK, maybe that helped) and they let me in 2 days after discharge. And preapproved me for up to a $40k auto loan with sub-10% interest.

I thought Disc was unpredictable, but it seems Cap1 is too! I think there are a few of us on there who burned them who got back in right away, but they won't let in you in over a measly $300? what the heck? I wish I knew the answer to your question.

Tell me about it!! Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 15
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

Strict 12 months before the system will let you back in. I would go from the date your BK was filed and 12 months from that. The gates fly open after you get off their "ish" list. 4 more months!

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lindsaydruart wrote:

Strict 12 months before the system will let you back in. I would go from the date your BK was filed and 12 months from that. The gates fly open after you get off their "ish" list. 4 more months!

Are you sure it's filing date and NOT the discharge date? If so that would be in 2 or so weeks since I filed for BK last March 9th (I think it was around the 9th) instead of discharge date in mid-June

Message 5 of 15
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

The ruling is 12 months since last charge off to my knowledge. If the account was "charged off" at the beginning of the BK, it could be. Worst case scenario, it is your discharge date. I would call back and ask for a supervisor in collections as they have more access than the regular reps.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lindsaydruart wrote:

The ruling is 12 months since last charge off to my knowledge. If the account was "charged off" at the beginning of the BK, it could be. Worst case scenario, it is your discharge date. I would call back and ask for a supervisor in collections as they have more access than the regular reps.

I tried different departments they have no clue! I'm not going to spend all day on the phone with them LOL I wanna enjoy my day off from delivering mail Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@lindsaydruart wrote:

I tried different departments they have no clue! I'm not going to spend all day on the phone with them LOL I wanna enjoy my day off from delivering mail Smiley Happy

Not sure of the point of trying to find the exact day. If you are on their black list, apping does not result in a hard pull, so you could literally app every single day until the Blackout period ends.

I would simply app once a week until you see a HP with the app or get approved.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lindsaydruart wrote:

Not sure of the point of trying to find the exact day. If you are on their black list, apping does not result in a hard pull, so you could literally app every single day until the Blackout period ends.

Or try Pre-Qaul first to see any offers instead of usual "CAMailman, we couldn't match your records to a card offer." BEFORE I attempt to cold app it?

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lindsaydruart wrote:

Or try Pre-Qaul first to see any offers instead of usual "CAMailman, we couldn't match your records to a card offer." BEFORE I attempt to cold app it?

I would not trust the prequal to check for internal blacklisting. Typically they just SP to dertermine if you fall into certain parameters. I have had two instant approvals without seeing any prequal luv before apping.... Prequal just isn't a reliable indicator, IMO.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.