cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One doesn't know what I'm asking for (Blacklist)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One doesn't know what I'm asking for (Blacklist)

I would not trust the prequal to check for internal blacklisting. Typically they just SP to dertermine if you fall into certain parameters. I have had two instant approvals without seeing any prequal luv before apping.... Prequal just isn't a reliable indicator, IMO.

Ok, I guess I'll wait till March 10th (a day after my 1st anniversary of my BK filing) and try again. (I just checked my files it was March 9th)

Message 11 of 15
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

I'm not sure about Cap1s prequal but I know Amex's prequal is almost on point. If you are blacklisted, you could have a 850 and they would still not find any offers. It might be worth a try. My aunt COed Cap1 8 months ago and doesn't get offers in the prequal but it can be a toss up.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lindsaydruart wrote:

I'm not sure about Cap1s prequal but I know Amex's prequal is almost on point. If you are blacklisted, you could have a 850 and they would still not find any offers. It might be worth a try. My aunt COed Cap1 8 months ago and doesn't get offers in the prequal but it can be a toss up.

Did your aunt cold app after not getting anything from pre-qual and got approved? just curious

Message 13 of 15
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

She cold app and got declined for having a charged off account.
Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lindsaydruart wrote:
She cold app and got declined for having a charged off account.

That sucks. Hopefully she didn't get HP for it

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.