Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One exec office/cli

tag
abbafan
Regular Contributor

Capital One exec office/cli

Hello everyone. Some time in April or May I opened my second cap one cc with a limit of $500. In 2-3 months I applied for cli and got an inmediate approval of a $1500 increase. In October applied again and got the standard 7-10 business days message.  In a couple of days I'm seeing my cl was increased only by $500. Now it's at $2500 which isn't too satisfying. I always paid in big amounts and hardly ever carried large balances. Does anyone have an email of the bank's executive office and what are the odds that if I ask for an increase it would be approved? 

P.S. My other QS card has a limit of $7250 and is in excellent standing. 

Thank you all in advance. 

Discover IT $15500, Barclay Rewards $12380, Barclay Ring $13000, Cap1 Savor $7250, Chase Freedom Unlimited $9000, Best Buy Visa $12000 , Bethpage Low Rate MC - $9000, Bethpage LOC - $15000, CITI Double Cash - $21000
EQ 783
TU 798
EX 767
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One exec office/cli

Capital One only gives CLIs every 6 months; you cannot recon a CLI so if $500 is what they gave you it is what it is.  If you email the CEO, Richard Fairbank it will prompt a call from the EO within a day or two and you can have a conversation with them if you want, but they'll tell you that the increase you received is all you deserved and/or your profile supports at this time and to try again in 6 months.  They will also tell you that all CLIs go through their automated system and that they don't do any manual reviews; they essentially do their best to take the human element out of it completely.

I just retired my QS card to my SD yesterday after not receiving any CLI when I thought that I was definitely deserving of quite a large one.  Now CO will get none of my business, and no big loss to me as I have several other cards that do right by me.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One exec office/cli

@abbafan wrote:

Hello everyone. Some time in April or May I opened my second cap one cc with a limit of $500. In 2-3 months I applied for cli and got an inmediate approval of a $1500 increase. In October applied again and got the standard 7-10 business days message.  In a couple of days I'm seeing my cl was increased only by $500. Now it's at $2500 which isn't too satisfying. I always paid in big amounts and hardly ever carried large balances. Does anyone have an email of the bank's executive office and what are the odds that if I ask for an increase it would be approved? 

P.S. My other QS card has a limit of $7250 and is in excellent standing. 

Thank you all in advance. 

In six months it will be eligible for another CLI, and with good usage, it will be a decent one. My second six-month CLI went from 1500 to 3500, then to 5800.

Its a marathon, not a sprint, be patient.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.