cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One good will adjustment letter for late payment.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One good will adjustment letter for late payment.

I am on a MISSION to get Capital One to remove a late comment from my account. 

Unfortunatly it is only 6 months old so it is causing me issues with my credit score and of course I want to get my credit in excellent shape to apply for a home loan next summer.

I feel like I am being a pain and sending them letter after letter and they keep saying the same thing - that the information is factual.

I lost my job Den 2015 and I DID call into the hardship dept and was put in a lower minimum payment plan for 3 months but they still reported me late to the credit bureaus.

I have sinced paid off the accopunt in full and I am just crossing my fingers that the right person gets my letter and helps me out.

Has anyone else had any luck with anything similar?

Thanks!!!

Shannon

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One good will adjustment letter for late payment.

I have been on the same mission, getting the same results. There has been quite a bit of success stories on these boards, but also a lot of us without success yet. I'm also seeking a mortgage soon, so I've been trying to change the destination to where I send the letters... see if any luck comes out of it. Best of luck to you.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check my thread i just made on my success story.

basically took me about 2 weeks total.  dont give excuses, if you were in the wrong, tell them you were wrong and that it wont happen again.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you PM me the e-mail that you used to contact them?

Thanks!

Shannon

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

you got a PM!

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I sent an e-mail and I was contacted by someone in the "executive resolutions" dept the same day!  and they said after they fully researched it that they are reporting it correctly and thats that, it shall stay on there ! Smiley Sad  buuuuuumer!

Soooo I sent another e-mail today asking them to reconsider and we shall see what happens.

I am not going to stop trying....7 years is just toooooo long for this to hang out on my credit.

I am still sending GW letters too....Hopefully a letter/call or e-mail lands in the correct persons lap and they take care of this for me...

Crossing my fingers!!!!

Shannon

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I please have a PM of the email that you used as well please?

Message 7 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It appears as if you are asserting, based on having had your required minimum payment reduced, that you were not in fact delinquent on the minimum payment?

If so, you can file a billing related dispute under the Fair Credit Billing Act.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

keep at it.  i just had success removing all trade lines from an old credit card charge off.  theyll deny you and say theres nothing they can do, but eventually they will give in.  i just kept emailing the CEO, only sent a couple actual letters

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did it work out?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.