Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One goodwill worked!

tag
khw
Regular Contributor

Capital One goodwill worked!

I'm so excited!! After a month of sending goodwills for a 60 day late and receiving no's from them last night I came home to a letter that said that they had "verified the information being reported was incorrect for the months of may and June 2005 and have updated the account to show as current"  Since I never disputed the late and  just asked for a goodwill I was a little skeptical of the wording of the letter so today I checked and it was gone!! My Trans Union score shot to 710 from 685, my first time in the 700 club!! 

Thanks everyone here for all the help, without this forum I would have never even known what a goodwill was!

(Note, as stated below the only addresses I used were the addresses on the "contact us" page of cap one's web site and I also googled the address of their CEO in Virginia and sent letters there. The GW came from salt lake city and all the "I'm sorry we can't help you" replies came from the CEO's office. I also sent 12 letters in total before I got the GW) Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 480-550 in 2005
Current Score: 761 TU/764 EQ - 08/1/2013 /754 EX 12/15/12
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
sherrrm
Valued Member

Re: Capital One goodwill worked!

Awesome! Congrats! I'm about to start sending GWs for my Cap One paid CO so you give me hope lol.

Starting Score: (05/2010) 650
Current Score: (06/2012) 688
Goal Score: (01/2013) 720

Message 2 of 8
g35_ab05
New Contributor

Congrats OP!

Good to hear that people are having good results with GWs to Capital One. Would you mind PM'ing me the address/contact that you used to contact Capital One? I have been sending letters for the past 2 months and have been a good customer to them the past 3 years, but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Good work and congrats again!

g35_ab05

Starting Score: EQ: 651
Current Score: EQ: 664 | TU: 665 - 03/2010
                       EQ: 673 | TU: 681 | EX Plus: 663 - 05/2010
Goal Score: EQ: 710 | TU: 710

Message 3 of 8
khw
Regular Contributor

@g35_ab05 wrote:

Congrats OP!

Good to hear that people are having good results with GWs to Capital One. Would you mind PM'ing me the address/contact that you used to contact Capital One? I have been sending letters for the past 2 months and have been a good customer to them the past 3 years, but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Good work and congrats again!

g35_ab05

Thanks for the congrats!

I sent the letters to the normal addresses from Capital One's "contact us" page on their website, I sent a letter to every address listed on that page and then a letter to the CEO in Virginia which I found by a google search. The first ones I sent came back with denial letters, so about a week ago I repeated and sent out  more letters to the same addresses and another one to the CEO again. The reply that I got yesterday had a return address of Salt Lake City UT on it.  I used the standard GW letter from here and just edited it to focus on the fact that it was my first credit card and I still have it and have always been a good customer other then that one mistake.

Message 4 of 8
g35_ab05
New Contributor

Thanks for the info OP! I will indeed do the same, hopefully I'll get lucky! Thanks again!

g35_ab05

Starting Score: EQ: 651
Current Score: EQ: 664 | TU: 665 - 03/2010
                       EQ: 673 | TU: 681 | EX Plus: 663 - 05/2010
Goal Score: EQ: 710 | TU: 710

Message 5 of 8
jbee
Regular Contributor

Congrats....Can you send me the contact info you have.

Thanks

3/1/10: TU: 615, EQ: 640, EX: ???
6/8/10 (LO pulled): TU: 704, EQ: 689, EX: 694
Goal Score by Oct. 1: TU: 750, EQ: 750, EX: 750

Message 6 of 8
khw
Regular Contributor

@jbee wrote:

Congrats....Can you send me the contact info you have.

Thanks

Hi! As I mentioned above I just went to the cap one website and sent a letter to each address listed on the "contact us page" and then just googled the address for the CEO and sent a couple letters there. No special contacts, I just sent a bunch of letters and got lucky Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
need2improve
New Contributor

Wow! that great! I'm going through hell with Capital one right now myself, so I'm happy to hear someone get some good news from them. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 486 TU 3/2/10
Current Score: TU 603 EQ 582
Goal Score: 640

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.