Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One is Going to Delete My Late Payments

tag
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One is Going to Delete My Late Payments

@gscone wrote:

Tried calling in today and they flat out said no.  Persistence will hopefully pay off

Same! Called a few times, no luck whatsoever.

Message 51 of 88
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Just tried the online chat, no luck there either. Smiley Surprised ONE missed payment! Damn.

Message 52 of 88
Jlbt

I must contacted capital one via their chat interface. Explained what I wanted -old late payments removed- they were very helpful. The rep said they filed a dispute and I would notice it on my credit report in 60-90 days. The word dispute has me confused though. Did anyone else get this wording when talking to them?
Message 53 of 88
Bell536
Contributor

+1

Clean up CR for home purchase.Started on 04/16/2013.
04/16/13 EQ 536,TU 537,EXP 552 Lender pull
04/30/13 EQ 602 MYFico.com 05/12/13 EQ 614 / TU 595 MYFico.com
05/18/13 EQ 625 MYFico.com,614TU 5/28 EQ 625 Mid Score 621 TU
05/31/13 EQ 663 MyFico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 54 of 88
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I've just had this same chat online. I have one 30-day late from 2 years ago. Rep said he understood the situation and how important it was etc. Said they would remove them and file a dispute with the CRAs. I asked him to verify this meant they were removing it and it all eventually was escalated to a supervisor who said they had to report accurately but could file a dispute with the CRAs for me. I've just had dispute comments removed from that account which has caused me to lose about 40 points. I said I didn't want another dispute comment on the account, and when the CRAs investigated would Cap One just verify that the account was in fact late and nothing would change. The supervisor said essentially, yes.

I think Capital One are making it sound like they'll help you remove lates but all they're actually doing is filing a dispute which they then verify and nothing changes.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 55 of 88
Lasardo
Established Contributor

I have 2 accounts with capital one BUT I have 8 unauthorized inquiry's on my report.
I would rather not dispute thru the CRA's to avoid a drop in my score.
Does anyone have an email or address/contact?
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 56 of 88
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

breedo...I think your are closer to right than you want to be.  I had the same conversation on CapOne chat with "Joseph" which is my name also.  He said that he would take care of it by making a dispute.  I told him there was nothing to dispute I was late (only one in 23 months due to us being out of town).  I knew the information was accurate.  He said that was not aproblem that he would take care of it.  I asked him at the end "are you telling me this is to be deleted?" He said "yes, correct."

I got a letter saying from CapOne saying that they investigated and found that there were no errors and they were standing by their report.........oh well.

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 57 of 88
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

I just called the CSR with CapOne and told them that the chat associate had told me that it would be removed.  I told them that I had a copy of the transcript and I read the parts where he told me this was going to be taken care of.  After several minutes of being on hold he told me that the chat assocate had no business telling me that and that they could not remove the late from the CRAs.

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 58 of 88
Lasardo
Established Contributor

I would send a copy of the transcript with a letter of explanation to the credit bureaus.
Maybe the credit bureau's can get a handle on capital one.
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 59 of 88
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

I just had a chat with my friendly online Cap1 representive and they stated they would remove the lates that I had due to divorce from four and six years ago, here's to hoping that they do as asked. I am wondering about the wording as well because they said dispute when I asked for removal. They stated to check again within 60-90 days so here's to keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well, if not I guess I'll follow up with a phone call and see what kind of luck I can have at that point.

JP

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 60 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.