cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One is suing me.... please help!

tag
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One is suing me.... please help!

songsofexperience

Regular Contributor
songsofexperience

Oh! Georgia is suing them for manufacturing debt collections lawsuits - google it! Use it to your advantage!

Yes, I just read that!  I will have to think and act fast to try to get this resolved.  I am going to send our a dv on tomorrow.  I just read where someone got their case dismissed bc they never verified the debt. 

Message 11 of 13
DeeWill
New Contributor

I dealt with Hanna & Associates, they have been in many lawsuits, the biggest I believe was the one for not having an actual judge/attorney (can't remember which one) sign off on their paperwork which is required.  They were just going around stamping stuff that wasn't legitimately authorized by the proper person.  

However for me, I knew it was my debt and was just ready to be done with it.  Do your homework though, but most importantly you have 30 days to respond to the court, don't mess with those days because they are the type to go after the default judgement for you not responding.

Good luck!

Message 12 of 13
baseballmom83

You should be able to settle before court and avoid another Judgement.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.