Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One is the craziest people

tag
virgo
Established Contributor

Capital One is the craziest people

I am putting this out to anyone who can input. I am totally at a loss. Backstory- whenever I buy something on time or open a credit I always get the insurance. 9-10, the company will always deny the claim. (Bank of America) Well, same thing happened with Cap. One and the charged off the card.. So I complained to everyone and their dead uncle. So I go into Equifax and Cap One now says paid as agreed and closed at consumers request. What does this do for me. Thank you
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One is the craziest people

It will affect your AAoA but you will have an account reporting positive for 10 yrs

Message 2 of 8
virgo
Established Contributor

Hello DaBears,

The strange part is I didnt ask to close the account. I just wanted them to honor the insurance. 

Today alone, on my Experian, I went from 3 negs 1 pos, to 7 pos and 2 negs. This includes a car loan.

Message 3 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

It will affect your AAoA but you will have an account reporting positive for 10 yrs

Open and closed are factored in.

Message 4 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@DaBears wrote:

Open and closed are factored in.

very true guiness!!!! completely missed that.  Virgo have you called Capital One as to why they closed it on you? Was the card stolen or lost?

Message 5 of 8
virgo
Established Contributor

No to both. What happened was I tried to activate the credit protection and they denied the claim. I raised wholly #@*#@(*. I wrote to CFPB, BBB, banking commision. I am thinking since they discontinued the insurance because of all the complaints, this was the easiest course of action. Pretty cheesy if you ask me.

I would probably get more headway if I learned how to type. lol

Message 6 of 8
virgo
Established Contributor

Would this technically be a win?  Can they put it back to charge off?

Message 7 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

They shouldn't. I would leave it be. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.