Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One judgement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One judgement

Hello all.. I have a judgement from Capital One reporting only to my Equifax report. It is unpaid. 

It is supposed to fall off on August of this year, 2015.

I've had a credit card with them for about a year now, and don't know why they even approved me with this issue still unresolved.

I live in the state of New York and I'm not quite sure of the statue of limitation on this matter.. is it 6 years? 10?

I'd like to hear from you guys and gals your opinions on how I should approach this.

Should I contact Capital One myself about the judgement? Should I just let it fall off my report? Or should I just leave it alone..

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One judgement

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all.. I have a judgement from Capital One reporting only to my Equifax report. It is unpaid. 

It is supposed to fall off on August of this year, 2015.

I've had a credit card with them for about a year now, and don't know why they even approved me with this issue still unresolved.

I live in the state of New York and I'm not quite sure of the statue of limitation on this matter.. is it 6 years? 10?

I'd like to hear from you guys and gals your opinions on how I should approach this.

Should I contact Capital One myself about the judgement? Should I just let it fall off my report? Or should I just leave it alone..

Thanks!

Capital One does not BL forever, I would not be giving them your checking account information and be using your banks bill pay serrvice to pay your bill. I would do nothing with the judgment till its off your reports, the judgment itself is most likely still active, each state sets the amount of time a judgment is good for and in most states they cal be renewed so you need to know if its still enforcable or not. If it was paid it would be removable in NY at the 5 year mark since its unpaid it will run the full 7 years from the date it was filed for.

Once its off your reports and you know its still enforceable that is the time to contact Cap-1 and work out a settlement.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One judgement

Thanks for you advice gdale6. Appreciate it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.